UKC

Tenaya mastia replacement for wide feet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My tenaya mastias are just wearing out, and it looks like they are no longer making them.

That's a real shame for me as they have been the most comfortable shoe I have found for a long time. Should have bought a spare pair when they were available.

I have wide feet and really struggle to get a shoe that fits well. My feet aren't big (UK 8 in normal shoes and was wearing UK 7.5 mastias) but are wide across the forefoot.

Any suggestions for a similar shoe from other wide footers?

I only climb into the low e grades, but do like a close fit.

jezb1 26 Apr 2024
In reply to mountain.martin:

I haven't worn Mastias but Instinct VS maybe? Too wide for me in the forefoot. Quality shoe.

Post edited at 08:24
 Carless 26 Apr 2024

They're still listed here https://tenaya.net/en/climbing-shoes

In reply to jezb1:

Thanks, I think (not sure) I had a pair of instincts a few years ago and they did work ok for me, but i didn't think they were that comfortable.

The tenyay mastias have a comfortable, snug slipper feel for me and seemed to work well for indoor climbing and cragging.

Might revisit the instincts and see how they feel.

In reply to Carless:

Ah, brilliant, thanks. All the UK shops only seem to have a one or two odd sizes available (and not my size) so I assumed they were just shifting old stock.

Surprised UK shops don't say they are available then, even if they had a lead time on them.

Never bought direct from manufacturer before but as I know they work for me will go down that route.

If anyone else has suggestions for similar shoes would still be interested to hear.

​​​

Hi Martin!

Mastia are still available, apologies for the stock problems. There was a slight production delay before Christmas which, as you can see, threw U.K. stock levels into a little bit of chaos. I had a ton arrive this week so we’re just getting the shoes out to customers.

Post edited at 10:50
 bpmclimb 26 Apr 2024

Unparallel Up Rise VCS are working very well on my feet, which are short in length and wide across the forefoot.

In reply to Euan McKendrick:

Ah, that's good to hear.

Thanks.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...