UKC

Anywhere to watch for gear deals?

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 redberry 03 May 2024

Hey - is there anywhere people post good/discounted gear deals?

I'm a patient buyer and generally happy to have a wishlist of things I wait for a good value deal on. Hotukdeals is good for some things but seems pretty poor for climbing, similarly I use idealo to watch for good prices but they don't seem to index too many climbing related sites (plus I would need to know the exact product first). I also use a mtb forum where users post good UK deals so I was hoping there's something similar for climbing.

Is there somewhere similar I can watch for UK climbing gear deals without manually checking the common climbing gear websites? Currently looking for a good deal on a 70m rope, and new climbing shoes for my girlfriend - manually checking Rock+Run/Bananafingers frequently is becoming tedious!

Tulpa 03 May 2024
In reply to redberry:

Hey

Not really sure about specific sites that would give reccomendations apart from Idealo, which as you mentioned is kind of mediocre when it comes to outdoor gear.

The way I do it is that I am signed up for most of the big retailers mailing list and they usually send out daily deals emails. Its my lunch time routine to have a look through the offers. rocknrun,bananafingers,alpinetrek, cotswold(pricey though) are some of the sites I am signed up to. Got most of my gear through deals in the emails and nearly never paid full price.

cassaela 03 May 2024
In reply to redberry:

FB group called "outdoor gear exchange UK"

https://www.facebook.com/groups/423493131097202

People sell both new and 2nd hand stuff on it. Not easily searchable but many a bargain to be had.
I've used it many times as a buyer and seller and have never had any problems touch wood. Some trust is involved though!

PeakTrekker 03 May 2024
In reply to redberry:

Yeah, I agree. I've actually had some luck finding deals on climbing gear there (Outdoor Gear Exchange UK) before. People are always posting what they have for sale, and I've seen 70m ropes and shoes come up in the past.

It's not the most easily searchable site, but if you spend some time browsing you can sometimes score a real bargain. I got a nice pair of climbing shoes half off from another member.

climber34neil 03 May 2024
In reply to redberry:

For ropes and shoes, look no further than

https://darkventures.co.uk/

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...