UKC

Head cam climbing videos, nauseating.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Seymore Butt 03 May 2024

Just tried to watch Stephano Ghisolphi's latest contribution to u/tube - Titled ' Guess The Route Grade'

The first route is climbed wearing a Head camera which i find, with the climbers head being close to the rock and his head moving quickly in all directions the video makes me feel queasy. I have to just stop the video from thereon.

I mainly quite enjoy climbing videos, but when a head cam is employed i immediately cancel the video.

This is just a personal observation and i wonder if anyone else has a view.

Robert Durran 03 May 2024
In reply to Seymore Butt:

I just think they are almost always pretty rubbish.

alan moore 04 May 2024

I've watched quite a few, trying to gain some beta on a route. Like you say, just a load of wobble-cam, showing neither foot nor hand holds, and interspersed with 5 minute stops to fix a runner.

Those cameras on a stick give a better view of what a climb is like: although even just walking up the stairs gives a feeling of mind numbing exposure!

Fraser 04 May 2024

That exactly mirrored my own experience. I gave up a minute or so into his first route.

john arran 04 May 2024

I once watched a helmet-cam recorded downhill moutainbike ride wearing full 3-d immersion goggles and every time the rider turned his head to check out a bend I came very close to throwing up. Very unpleasant indeed.

This was in a bike museum in Andorra la Vella, which otherwise is highly recommended, particularly for the weird and wonderful historical contraptions!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...