VIDEO: Ueli Steck Speed Solo - Grandes Jorassesby Jack Geldard - UKC Chief Editor Jun/2009
This article has been read 7,239 times
He speed soloed the Colton-Macintyre route on the Grandes Jorasses in a ridiculous 2 hours and 20 minutes. His record for the Eiger North Face is 2 hours and 47 minutes and his record for the North face of the Matterhorn is a mind bending 1 hour and 56 minutes. Less than 2 hours!
UKC contributor, professional photographer and all-round good bloke Jon Griffith puffed and panted his way up the Grandes Jorasses with Steck just a few days after the ascent. He captured some stunning photographs and also filmed Steck in action. Jon wasn't there on the day of the actual speed solo.
- You can find out more about Ueli's ascent of the Colton Macintyre in this full detailed account: Alpine Exposures
Watch the video:
UKC would like to thank Jon Griffith for this video.
- Meeting Alex Luger - One of Austria's Top All Round Climbers Oct-14
- Kendal 2014 Speaker Profile: Christophe Profit Oct-14
- REVIEW: Stonesmith Holds Aug-14
- REVIEW: La Sportiva Nepal Cube GTX Boots Jun-14
- Arc'teryx Launch Footwear Line Jun-14
- WHAT'S AVAILABLE: Walking / Mountaineering Axes Jun-14
- The Five Best HVS Routes in the UK? May-14
- INTERVIEW: Alex Honnold on the Fitzroy Traverse Apr-14
- Get Ready for Summer: Climb Harder Without Training Mar-14
- Destination Guide: Chulilla, Spain Mar-14
Share this article on Facebook
Share this article on Twitter