COMPETITION: UKC and Keith Sharples 'Be in my Calendar' Comp
by UKC News Jun/2011
This article has been read 5,551 times
Popular Articles Right Now
Is it possible to improve your climbing without even trying?
Jack Geldard thinks that a few small changes in your climbing... [ full article ]
An antique axe believed to have belonged to George Mallory sold today at auction for a six figure sum. Alex Roddie explains why... [ full article ]
Finger Injuries are almost certainly the most common injuries climbers face.
In this article, climbing coach Robin O'Leary... [ full article ]
Related UKC Forum discussions
Climbing:2011 cover featuring last year's winner
Yes folks, it's time for the UKClimbing.com 'Be in my Calendar' Competition again. The three previous competitions have all seen a terrific response from UKC followers and have produced some great shots of the winners. Last year's winner, Liam Lonsdale, even made it onto the front cover of Climbing:2011 climbing at St Bees Head up in The Lakes. For Climbing:2010 we had Ally Smith cranking it out in the Llangollen area, whilst Rachael Crewe, the spandex-loving graduate from Notts Uni appeared in Climbing:09 on the classic Froth at Stoney. This year however, it really could be YOU...
- YOU need to be an experienced rock climber capable of leading rock routes of VDiff upwards.
- You must be available late July through to mid August for the photo shoot and will bring a sac of kit and a mate along to climb with.
Here is the Deal
- The winner (in addition to appearing in the calendar...) will also get a complementary 18x12" poster print (of a photo of their choice) from the photoshoot as well as a copy of Climbing:2012
- The winner's mate will also get a copy of Climbing:2012
- A selection of images from the day will be published in a gallery on UKClimbing and/or KeithSharplesPhotography in a write-up of the day
- Further copies of Climbing:2012, one to each for the three runners' up in the comp, will also be shipped out for those who get close but not close enough!
Here is how to enter
This competition has now closed.
Keep your phone fully charged and wait a call from Keith after the closing date.
Closing date - midnight on Sunday 17th July 2011
T&Cs (a.k.a. Terms and Conditions)
- You must lead routes of VD standard or harder on outdoor crags on a regular basis and your mate must also be a competent climber and belayer. You and/or your mate will provide all your own climbing kit and take sole responsibility for your actions when climbing during the photo shoot and will travel to and from the photo shoot at your own expense.
- You must agree to a suitable location - probably in North Wales, the Lake District or the Pennines - although other locations may also be considered.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You agree that images from the photo shoot can be published.
- You accept that the image selected will be chosen by Keith in consultation with UKClimbing and that their decision is final.
- You accept the inclusion of a another/substitute climber in the calendar if a mutually acceptable venue or time for the photo shoot cannot be established for whatever reason.
- You accept that no compensation or substitute prize, including cash alternative, will be provided in lieu.
- You agree by entering the competition that you have read, understood and accept the competition rules.