COMPETITION: Keith Sharples 'Be in my Calendar' 2013 Compby Keth Sharples Jul/2012
This article has been read 5,812 times
It's that time of year again for the annual Keith Sharples "Be in my Calendar" competition. There's been great response in previous years.
Climbing:2012 - Saw Craig Bailey on the classic 3 star Climb High at Dinbren (below).
Climbing:2011 - Liam Lonsdale made it onto the front cover climbing at St. Bees Head up in The Lakes.
Climbing:2010 - Had Ally Smith cranking it out in the Llangollen area.
Climbing:09 - Rachael Crewe, the spandex-loving graduate from Notts Uni on the classic Froth at Stoney.
If you're not familiar with the competition, UKClimbing, alongside some of the biggest names in the UK climbing business, are sponsoring a page in my UK-centric climbing calendar, Climbing:2013, and I'm looking for a keen climber to be photographed in a special photo shoot for the UKC page. It's a prize that, as copywriters would say, 'money can't buy'...
Do you fancy yourself in next years calendar?
YOU need to be an experienced rock climber capable of leading rock routes of VDiff upwards. You must be available late July to early August for the photo shoot and will bring a sac of kit and a mate along to climb with.
Here's the Deal...
- The winner (in addition to appearing on the UKC page in the calendar...) will also get a complementary 18x12" poster print (of a photo of their choice) from the photo shoot as well as a copy of Climbing:2013.
- The winner's mate will also get a copy of Climbing:2013.
- A selection of images from the day will be published in a gallery on UKClimbing and/or KeithSharplesPhotography in a write-up of the day.
- Further copies of Climbing:2013 will also got out to the three runners' up.
Here's how to enter
Simply fill in the form below to be in with a chance of featuring in Climbing:2013. Please make sure you agree with the Terms and Conditions beforehand though. Competition closes at 6pm on Friday 13th July.
Keep your phone fully charged and wait a call from Keith after 13th July.
Some of the other shots from Climbing:2012
T&Cs (a.k.a. Terms and Conditions)
- You must lead routes of VD standard or harder on outdoor crags on a regular basis and your mate must also be a competent climber and belayer. You and/or your mate will provide all your own climbing kit and take sole responsibility for your actions when climbing during the photo shoot and will travel to and from the photo shoot at your own expense.
- You must agree to a suitable location - probably in North Wales, the Lake District or the Pennines - although other locations may also be considered.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You agree that images from the photo shoot can be published.
- You accept that the image selected will be chosen by Keith in consultation with UKClimbing and that their decision is final.
- You accept the inclusion of a another/substitute climber in the calendar if a mutually acceptable venue or time for the photo shoot cannot be established for whatever reason.
- You accept that no compensation or substitute prize, including cash alternative, will be provided in lieu.
- You agree by entering the competition that you have read, understood and accept the competition rules.
Share this article on Facebook
Share this article on Twitter