COMP: DMM Alpha Carabinersby Michael Ryan Sep/2012
This article has been read 2,992 times
Alpha Trad Colourpack: Joey Walker, Loughborough.
2 Alpha Trad QD's: Hamish Irvine, Aviemore.
2 Alpha Sport QD's: Rob McNeil, Stockport.
Last year DMM launched a new range of carabiners, The Alphas. Full details at Anatomy of a Carabiner.
The Alphas, available as both solid and wire gate have a number of features that exceed the standards of safety expected by the UIAA (International Mountaineering and Climbing Federation) and CE. One of these is Gate Open Strength.
The Gate Open Strength of the Alpha Clip, Alpha Trad, Alpha Light and Alpha Pro is 9kN. This is stronger than the European standard, offering a greater level of safety in hard falls. But what is the European standard for Gate Open Strength?
Answer that question in the form below and we will pick three correct winners who will win either: An Alpha Trad colourpack (5 different colour carabiners), 2 Alpha Trad Quickdraws or 2 Alpha Sport Quickdraws.
- This competition is only open to registered users at UKClimbing.com and UKHillwalking.com.
- Competition closes on 14th October at 09.00 GMT.
- The winners will be notified by email.
- Prizes will only be posted to a UK or Ireland address.
- The winners' names will be announced on UKC/UKH and facebook.com/UKClimbing
Share this article on Facebook
Share this article on Twitter