Registration Help Page
If you can't find an answer to your question here, then please use the Contact Us form.
The most common problems when you try to register are:
- Your web browser has cookies disabled, or you have a personal firewall (eg. ZoneAlarm) which is blocking cookies. You can read more About Cookies and how to enable them.
- Email address is empty or too short or not correct (no such address). Try again making absolutely sure that you enter your email address correctly.
- Your password is empty or not correct. You, or someone else, has used that email address to register already - so you need to Login as Existing User with that email address rather than trying to register again.
- Your name is empty or too short. The user name you choose must be at least 2 letters long.
- Your chosen name is too similar to one already used by another registered user. Please try using a different user name.
If you are still having problems using the registration, please Contact Us for further help.
When you first register, you will be emailed a single click link to Activate my Registration. Once activated, you will have full access to all parts of the site.
If you've lost your activation code then you can be emailed an Activation Code Reminder. If you don't activate your registration within 14 days, then your account will be deleted.
Next time you need to login, simply go to Login as Existing User or use the form in the top-right corner of every page. If you've Forgotten your Password? then you can reset it to a new password. If you don't want to login every time you visit then tick the 'Remember me' option when logging in. More About Cookies.
If you've Forgotten your Password? then you can reset it to a new password. You'll be emailed a Reset Link, to confirm that your the owner of that account.
If you've recently registered but not yet activated your registration, then you can be emailed an Activation Code Reminder. If you don't activate your registration within 14 days, then your account will be deleted.
There is no need to create a new account if you want to change your user name. Once you've logged in, you can change your user name to whatever you like by going to the Change User Name page. This will check if the name is available and not in use by another UKC user. User Name changes have to be verified by the moderators which happens once each day.
There is no need to have separate user names for different computers! e.g. Joe Bloggs (at work) and Joe Bloggs (at home).
If you want to use UKClimbing.com from more than one machine, then you should register first on one of the computers using your preferred email address. On the other machine you can then login with your user name or email address, but make sure that you enter the email address associated with your initial account and not the email associated with your alternative machine.
UKClimbing.com has an opt-in Weekly Newsletter, which users can unsubscribe from at any time. You can also choose between getting a simple text-only newsletter email (about 10kB), or an HTML version with some graphics (about 30kB). All you need to do is log in, and then go to the User Options page.
If you have to a new email address, please update your UKClimbing.com account so that people can contact you through the forums, and we can send you weekly newsletters, etc. Justlog in, and then go to the Change Email address page.