Occasionally to be found at Stone Farm in the early morning on summer weekends for an hour or so bouldering before the crowds arrive.
My current philosophy on winter climbing is unashamedly plagiarised from the side of a bleach bottle; 'Stand upright in a cool place', which sounds about right to me.
Best Climbing Experience
Usually the last time out, with a few notable exceptions of course - like being attacked by bees - "My pocket; my home; time for you to leave my friend". Who said sport climbing was safe?
Favourite Climbing-Related Discussion Topic
Anything a bit tongue in cheek or off-beat that sparks off an ill-considered response that I subsequently regret. Overseas destinations tend to get me digging through the memory banks.
List all my recent posts.
Chosen as the Featured Gallery on 13-Sep-05.
Click to search for photos of climbers called nniff.
Click to list photo comments written by me. (18 comments)
I've voted for 3 photos, average vote 3.3.
(33% superb - 33% good - 0% average - 0% poor - 33% rubbish)
Custom Colours for UKClimbing.com
| #99ccff background with #003366 text |
Anything Else We Should Know
I have an invisible friend, Reg, my Reasonable Excuse Generator. He is very accomplished at what he does. He is currently tending to choose a selection from:
- excessive or inadequate height or reach;
- weather (predictions of imminent change, too hot, cold, windy, wet or humid);
- nature of the rock, climbing, protection and belays (too much, too little or the wrong sort);
- the condition of the fixed gear (too much, rotten, missing or apparently missing)
- strength (invariably lack of);
- generic and specific ailments;
- vegetation, slime and nettles;
- dampness and seepage;
- loose rock;
- rumours of adverse access agreements;
- daylight (too little remaining or insufficiently well established);
- too hard, too easy, done it before, not done it before for a good reason;
- forgotten or lost equipment;
- hunger, thirst or over-indulgence;
- flies, midges, ticks or other wildlife;
- pressing engagement elsewhere or threats issued by my lawful wedded opponent;
- insufficient blood in the alcohol flow,
and that's before we start on winter climbing for which he has a whole new lexicon.