Off Piste enthusiast. Over the years among many things, I have worked as a ski instructor and ski patroller/pisteur, 7 years pro patrol. I run courses on avalanche and off piste and work for BASP (www.basp.org.uk)lecturing and teaching quite a bit. 30 years as a medic and rescuing folk from mountains as well, but that's all in the past. SMC member and climbed all over the place but not now. I now ski my arse off and run a bike buisness www.cankitupgear.com as well as XC and road racing.
Glencoe Highland Scotland
Best Climbing Experience
Soling many winter classics in a day. And doing Shibboleth in the early days when folk shook your hand in the Kingy after, and then you got pished to celebrate.
Favourite Climbing-Related Discussion Topic
Least favourite is ethics and most is from folk new to the sport enjoying the old classics.
- No posts in last 30 days
Latest Blog posts
Subscribe to this blog as a feed for RSS browsers
- Spring into Summer 15-Apr-15
- Spring, a notional concept 01-Apr-15
- That 3rd Antenna 10-Mar-15
- RECCO News 09-Mar-15
- Avalanche Transceiver Training 22-Feb-15
- A Few Avalanche Transceiver Findings 22-Feb-15
- Ortovox S1+ Transceiver 17-Feb-15
- Glencoe Mountain Transceiver Training Park Success 13-Feb-15
- 4 "A" s and 3 "C"s 13-Jan-15
- It's all about TERRAIN 13-Jan-15
Interests Outside Climbing
Time Trial - Road bike racing and XC as well as Sportives
Anything Else We Should Know
I used to do MR but can't be arsed with it now - so don't ask unless it's about off piste skiing & Freeride or avalanches and off piste safety as I am still into that big time.