Off Piste enthusiast. Over the years among many things, I have worked as a ski instructor and ski patroller/pisteur, 7 years pro patrol. I run courses on avalanche and off piste and work for BASP (www.basp.org.uk)lecturing and teaching quite a bit. 30 years as a medic and rescuing folk from mountains as well, but that's all in the past. SMC member and climbed all over the place but not now. I now ski my arse off and run a bike buisness www.cankitupgear.com as well as XC and road racing.
Glencoe Highland Scotland
Best Climbing Experience
Soling many winter classics in a day. And doing Shibboleth in the early days when folk shook your hand in the Kingy after, and then you got pished to celebrate.
Favourite Climbing-Related Discussion Topic
Least favourite is ethics and most is from folk new to the sport enjoying the old classics.
Latest Blog posts
Subscribe to this blog as a feed for RSS browsers
- A New Road Taken 19-Dec-14
- A Book and DVD for Christmas 10-Dec-14
- Avalanche Course Dates and Equipment Offers 21-Nov-14
- Pre Season Avalanche Safety Offers 21-Nov-14
- Signal Overlap & "Marking" 19-Nov-14
- The Avalanche Engineers 14-Nov-14
- Buried Alive - Assumptions & Optimal Procedures During Excavation 12-Nov-14
- Scary but Exciting Changes 09-Nov-14
- Beacon Interference from Objects 19-Oct-14
- Avalanche Airbags, new Research 06-Oct-14
Interests Outside Climbing
Time Trial - Road bike racing and XC as well as Sportives
Anything Else We Should Know
I used to do MR but can't be arsed with it now - so don't ask unless it's about off piste skiing & Freeride or avalanches and off piste safety as I am still into that big time.
User Profileregistered 08/Aug/04
Been Climbing For
More than 20 years
Winter - VII
Trad - E5
Buachaille Etive - Everywhere
Several times a year
In the UK & Europe
Clachaig Gully and The Chasm - old fashioned with pubs nearby.