I used to be a Science teacher in London, before I saw the light and moved into outdoor ed.
I'm working towards assessment for the Mountain Instructor Award - anybody who wants to me to practise on them, please get in touch to arrange days scrambling or climbing in Scotland or the Lakes.
I've been getting quite into mountain biking over the last couple of years as well. I used to think climbing gear was expensive!
I studied Physics and Astrophysics in Leeds, where I was an active member of the Leeds Uni MC (1997-2001)
I can play the drums reasonably well but haven't had the opportunity for a while now.
- No posts in last 30 days
Latest Blog posts
Subscribe to this blog as a feed for RSS browsers
- johnc_outdoors: Grayling's plan for tackling burglars? A disproportionate farce... 09-Oct-12
- johnc_outdoors: RT @MartinRowson: Btw, if Osborne breaks into your house to see... 09-Oct-12
- johnc_outdoors: RT @townsendoutdoor: Controversy 2: Wild Land, Wind Farms... 07-Oct-12
- johnc_outdoors: Controversy 2: Wild Land, Wind Farms & Climate Change... 07-Oct-12
- johnc_outdoors: Trouble on the line: what caused the train franchise... 06-Oct-12
- johnc_outdoors: Edinburgh's educational inequality 'joint-worst' in... 06-Oct-12
- johnc_outdoors: Maria Miller, a very modern feminist? Don't make me laugh |... 06-Oct-12
- johnc_outdoors: RT @tianran: Grant Shapps to be investigated by advertising... 05-Oct-12
- johnc_outdoors: RT @NickCohen4: It takes a government of unique incompetence to... 03-Oct-12
- johnc_outdoors: Nuclear power is the Betamax of the energy world... 30-Sep-12
Interests Outside Climbing
The natural world, listening to music, learning new things, fiddling with computers
About My Photography
Mainly of the point and shoot, hope it works variety. Mainly due to being in the right place at the right time, I've had a photo on the cover of TGO magazine, and several on the inside of various issues.
Click to list photo comments written by me. (10 comments)
I've voted for 72 photos, average vote 4.2.
(41% superb - 38% good - 18% average - 1% poor - 0% rubbish)