Originally from Middlesbrough (Like Liverpool but with ALL the windows put through). Took early retirement a few years ago and worked for several years as a consultant. Recently took on a new career as a writer of crime novels. Check my website www.petetrewin.com. As for climbing, seem to be getting more & more injuries so now confirmed grumpy old bumbly. Live 10 minutes from Pex Hill (where the name 'Pekkie' comes from) and have done the place to death.
Best Climbing Experience
Early days at Scugdale and the Wainstones on the North York Moors (Blue Remembered Hills...). Usual suspects like the Corner, White Slab, North Crag Eliminate, Vector. Probably best day Lubyanka - lovely day, hard climbing, exposure, everything in doubt until your fingers close over that finishing jug. Oh and strangely cruising Staminade at Pex on a slack top rope when I was really fit. Once I could romp sustained Pex 6b (that's English)... ah, nostalgia's not what it used to be...
Favourite Climbing-Related Discussion Topic
Easily bored so love anything controversial - bolts, top roping, climate change, evolution - I'll stick my oar in.
Latest Blog posts
Subscribe to this blog as a feed for RSS browsers
- Woolton Woods: John Lennon Link 28-Jan-15
- Win a free signed copy of Time Lapse! 27-Jan-15
- St Julie’s & Woolton Woods: The deadline nears! 25-Jan-15
- BREAKING BAD: WOULD YOU? 13-Jan-15
- Woolton Woods & Woolton Hall: The pace picks up! 08-Jan-15
- The Fall: Brilliant or Prurient? 23-Nov-14
- A Fair Wack- Countdown Deal 19-Sep-14
- Will Self & Orwell: who is right? 01-Sep-14
- Woolton Woods…and Woolton Hall 17-Aug-14
- Latest News on A Fair Wack 15-May-14
Interests Outside Climbing
Bit of an eco-warrior. Love books and fancy myself as a bit of an intellectual. However, I was put in my place by Andy Popp when I entered into a debate with him on UKC on Proust. I beat a hasty retreat when it became obvious that Andy had actually read, and finished, 'A La Recherche Du Temps Perdu'. Oh, and member of RSPB - just love those Peregrines, Ring Ouzels and geese...?