Director of Lakeland Ascents. Instructor and provider of mountain skills training, guided rock, winter & ice climbing, guided mountain walks and adventure days in the Lakes, Wales & Scotland.
As a climber, I'm happier on mountain crags & big long routes over dank dark Lancashire quarries and gritstone edges, but I have a fondness for these too. I prefer it though when everything is covered in rime and ice and I love frustrating, fruitless Scottish winter trips the most.
I am a hill-going member of Kendal Mountain Search and Rescue Team.
Best Climbing Experience
Any winter experience that involves abseiling into some murky dark Scottish abyss, with no real idea where you are going or whether you're going to be able to climb out again.
- No posts in last 30 days
Latest Blog posts
Subscribe to this blog as a feed for RSS browsers
- SPA Refresher course: Langdale 02-May-15
- Multi-activity day: abseiling & gorge scrambling 28-Apr-15
- Mountain Leader (Summer) Refresher: Borrowdale 25-Apr-15
- Gorge scrambling: with the Misra family 25-Apr-15
- Guided mountain walks (winter): The Ben 24-Apr-15
- Winter skills course: Stob Coire nan Lochan 23-Apr-15
- Mountain Leader (Summer) Refresher: Yewdale 10-Apr-15
- Mountain Leader (Summer) Refresher: Coniston 08-Apr-15
- Abseiling: Hodge Close 02-Apr-15
- Abseiling: Borrowdale 29-Mar-15
About My Photography
I am/was a published freelance travel photographer. Iíve worked for a few picture agencies, but am now looking to branch out on my own and also to start selling a few fine-art prints. I just don't have the time!
Click to list photo comments written by me. (3 comments)
I've voted for 25 photos, average vote 4.8.
(92% superb - 0% good - 4% average - 4% poor - 0% rubbish)
Anything Else We Should Know
I love the Third World, quality northern cask ales, deep house and Joni Mitchell, camels, photography and Thai food....
I own a nutty Springer Spaniel and a Persian cat with a very small brain - she leaves hair everywhere. The latter has a fondness for poppadoms, sellotape and recently, corned beef and Bombay Mix. [Nov 2013 update: she has now taken to Sailer Jerry's rum]