I am an instructor and am the director of Lakeland Ascents. We provide mountain skills training, guided rock, winter & ice climbing, guided mountain walks and adventure days in the Lakes, Wales & Scotland.
As a climber, I'm happier on mountain crags & big long routes over dank dark Lancashire quarries and gritstone edges, but I have a fondness for these too. I prefer it though when everything is covered in rime and ice and I love frustrating, fruitless Scottish winter trips the most.
I am a hill-going member of Kendal Mountain Search and Rescue Team.
Best Climbing Experience
Any winter experience that involves abseiling into some murky dark Scottish abyss, with no real idea where you are going or whether you're going to be able to climb out again.
Latest Blog posts BETA
Subscribe to this blog as a feed for RSS browsers
- ML Refresher: 2 days, 1 night in Langdale 02-Sep-14
- ML Refresher: Snowdonia 31-Aug-14
- Gorge scrambling: Coniston 30-Aug-14
- Multi-activity day: gorge, canyon 29-Aug-14
- Multi-activity day: abseiling & canyoning 28-Aug-14
- Multi-activity day: abseiling & gorge scrambling x2 27-Aug-14
- 1-day navigation course: Raise & the Dodds 26-Aug-14
- Canyoning: Theo’s Stag Doo 16-Aug-14
- Multi-activity days: abseil, gorge, mountain scramble & more 14-Aug-14
- 1-day navigation course: Blea Rigg & Silver Howe 09-Aug-14
About My Photography
I am/was a published freelance travel photographer. Iíve worked for a few picture agencies, but am now looking to branch out on my own and also to start selling a few fine-art prints. I just don't have the time!
Click to list photo comments written by me. (3 comments)
I've voted for 25 photos, average vote 4.8.
(92% superb - 0% good - 4% average - 4% poor - 0% rubbish)
Anything Else We Should Know
I love the Third World, quality northern cask ales, deep house and Joni Mitchell, camels, photography and Thai food....
I have a Persian cat with a very small brain - she leaves hair everywhere. She has a fondness for poppadoms, sellotape and recently, corned beef and Bombay Mix. [Nov 2013 update: she has now taken to Sailer Jerry's rum]
User Profileregistered 07/Jun/06
Been Climbing For
4 to 10 years
A big one that's covered in ice
Several times a week
All over the world