Experienced hiker, keen mountaineer, terrible rock climber.
I work in the outdoor industry.
Best Climbing Experience
Both times I've done the Weissmies traverse; winter ridges on Ben Nevis; Sou'wester Slabs; living in the cave in Font; attempting unclimbed peaks in the Karakoram.
Favourite Climbing-Related Discussion Topic
Gear. Inparticular, fabric technology, down kit, sleeping bags.
- No posts in last 30 days
Latest Blog posts
Subscribe to this blog as a feed for RSS browsers
- Down insulation article 10-Jun-16
- Highlander Mountain Marathon 2016 09-Jun-16
- Fill power is no super power 11-Feb-16
- Post index 30-Nov-15
- Waffle fabrics 30-Nov-15
- Tips from an expedition neophyte: part 2 15-Sep-15
- Tips from an expedition neophyte 07-Sep-15
- Blowin' in the Wind 19-Jun-15
- Expedition equipment kitlist 07-Jun-15
- Three weeks to go 29-May-15
Articles by Mr Fuller
- Down: The Science of The Ultimate Insulator Jun/2016
- Insulation Explained, part 2: How Clothing Works Dec/2012
- Insulation Explained, part 1: Staying Warm Dec/2012
- Waterproof Breathable Fabric - Explained Apr/2012
Interests Outside Climbing
Music, running, road cycling, table tennis.
About My Photography
I carry a DSLR when I can, but more often it's a battered compact. I've a bigger gallery here: http://www.photoboxgallery.com/MattFullerUK
Click to list photo comments written by me. (21 comments)
I've voted for 154 photos, average vote 4.3.
(63% superb - 14% good - 15% average - 3% poor - 2% rubbish)
User Profileregistered 23/Sep/07
Been Climbing For
1 to 3 years
Trad - HVS
Alpine - D
Winter - IV
Ice - WI-3+
Once a month
In the UK & Europe
Long routes with cool situations. Gritstone jamming. Winter stuff.
Epitaph Corner VS 4b
Gideon VS 5a
Crew's Route VS 4c
The Harp HS 4b
Tighe's Arete E1 5a
Carn nan Gobhar 992m
Sgurr na Lapaich 1,150m
Sgurr na Lapaich - Rubha na Spreidhe 1,057m
Shining Tor 559m
Problem 16 - Groove f4
Lord's Seat 546m
The Sloth HVS 5a
... list all 1439 climbs