Experienced hiker, keen mountaineer, terrible rock climber.
I work in the outdoor industry.
Best Climbing Experience
Both times I've done the Weissmies traverse; winter ridges on Ben Nevis; Sou'wester Slabs; living in the cave in Font; attempting unclimbed peaks in the Karakoram.
Favourite Climbing-Related Discussion Topic
Gear. Inparticular, fabric technology, down kit, sleeping bags.
Latest Blog posts
Subscribe to this blog as a feed for RSS browsers
- Fill power is no super power 11-Feb-16
- Post index 30-Nov-15
- Waffle fabrics 30-Nov-15
- Tips from an expedition neophyte: part 2 15-Sep-15
- Tips from an expedition neophyte 07-Sep-15
- Blowin' in the Wind 19-Jun-15
- Expedition equipment kitlist 07-Jun-15
- Three weeks to go 29-May-15
- Expedition clothing kitlist 18-May-15
- Changes afoot 08-May-15
Articles by Mr Fuller
- Insulation Explained, part 2: How Clothing Works Dec/2012
- Insulation Explained, part 1: Staying Warm Dec/2012
- Waterproof Breathable Fabric - Explained Apr/2012
Interests Outside Climbing
Music, running, road cycling, table tennis.
About My Photography
I carry a DSLR when I can, but more often it's a battered compact. I've a bigger gallery here: http://www.photoboxgallery.com/MattFullerUK
Click to list photo comments written by me. (21 comments)
I've voted for 153 photos, average vote 4.3.
(63% superb - 14% good - 15% average - 3% poor - 2% rubbish)
User Profileregistered 23/Sep/07
Been Climbing For
1 to 3 years
Trad - HVS
Alpine - D
Winter - IV
Ice - WI-3+
Once a month
In the UK & Europe
Long routes with cool situations. Gritstone jamming. Winter stuff.
Lord's Seat 546m
The Sloth HVS 5a
Snowdon (Yr Wyddfa) 1,085m
Yr Aran 747m
Pen Llithrig y Wrach 799m
Pen yr Helgi Du 833m
Carnedd Llywelyn 1,064m
Via Dolorosa VS 4c
North East Buttress IV 4
Ben Vane 916m
Beinn Chabhair 933m
Beinn a'Chroin - West Top 938m
An Caisteal 995m
Beinn a'Chroin 940m
... list all 1427 climbs