/ Cioch direct accident

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
cas smerdon - on 02 Jun 2011
Hi all
Some may of heard of accident on cioch direct on Tuesday. I will warn anyone going up there that there is more lose rock.
Wondered if anyone living in Glasgow could help me out. I am in Glasgow hospital. My camper is in Skye and my partner is in Inverness hospital. They cut my clothes off me at broadford and I won't have any clothes when I am discharged and phone battery is nearly gone.
If anyone could help with spare clothes or pop to asda shopping for me it would be great. Also if anyone has iPhone charger.
Carole Standing
Surgical block ward 3 southern general
Paul Bowen - on 02 Jun 2011
In reply to cas smerdon:

Hi we are staying near broadford going back to glenbrittle shortly to continue the ridge... saw the rescue on tuesday as we came off in the fog.. we are heading back to wales saturday morning via glasgow could fetch the camper down if there are keys?
stevev on 02 Jun 2011
In reply to cas smerdon: Have you got breakdown cover? It might cover recovery where the driver is injured.
In reply to Paul Bowen: Thanks that may help. I also have another friend on Skye who may be able to get camper to Glasgow. I believe police have it at moment.
In reply to stevev: I thought of that if I can't drive when they let me out. Problem is insurance/ breakdown detIls are in van. Maybe police can check for me.
John2 - on 02 Jun 2011
In reply to cas smerdon: When I broke my heel it was covered by my breakdown insurance - a recovery vehicle took both me and my car back to my house. Definitely worth pursuing this option.
In reply to John2: Any glaswegian who could pop on with iPhone charger would be great. Battery nearly dead.
pog100 - on 02 Jun 2011
In reply to cas smerdon:

I am no longer in Scotland, returned on Tuesday, so can't be any use, but can I just send good wishes for your recovery. Having hung around UKC for about the same time as you, feel like I at least know of you if not 'know you'.

Mike
Paul Bowen - on 02 Jun 2011
In reply to cas smerdon:
No problem we are in breakish till sat morning if we can help just get in touch via here
Gazlynn - on 02 Jun 2011
In reply to cas smerdon:

Hi
I am in Glasgow tomorrow and can certainly help out with some shopping if you don't get anyone today. Unfortunately I only have blokes clothes and no iphone charger but will ask around.
Just pm me if I can be of any help.

thanks

G
In reply to Gazlynn: Can you mail me phone number so I can write it down before phone charge goes. Thanks.

Big thanks also to all lovely people who helped on Tuesday

ESP man and his son steve who climbed up to get me down. Get in touch if you use ukc.
skog - on 02 Jun 2011
In reply to cas smerdon:

I'm at work just across the river from you. I don't have an iPhone, but I might be able to find someone with a charger and bring it over at lunch time.

I live in Bannockburn, so I don't have access to spare clothes today - is it today you're being discharged? If so, I could pick up something in Asda, I suppose (roughly what size?)

If you need a bed for the night I can offer a lift this evening and the use of our sofabed.

You might get a more convenient offer from someone who lives nearby, but if not I'll do what I can to help. You can contact me on 07876 367892 if that's useful.
MelH - on 02 Jun 2011
In reply to cas smerdon:

I sent you an email. My boyfriend and I will be on skye next week. If we can be any help at all let me know. Unfortunately on east coast so cannae help with clothes or iphone situation.

Mobile number in email.

Mel
Legionreturns on 02 Jun 2011
In reply to cas smerdon:

I'm not sure I can be much use other than to say best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I do have a very close friend in Stornoway who would do pretty much anything for me though and regularly drives back to Livingstone... she might be able to sort something on the transport front if you want me to ask her?
Gazlynn - on 02 Jun 2011
In reply to cas smerdon:

I have emailed you.

cheers

G
In reply to cas smerdon: Hi Carole

We'll get this up in a news item, hopefully more people will see it that way.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery,

Dan
lithos on 02 Jun 2011
In reply to cas smerdon:

sorry cant help with van or glasgow but a charger is 5 quid from this place inc 1st class delivery

ORDER HOTLINE: 0800 292 2375

http://www.decrescent.com/iPodMP3-Accessories/AppleiPod/iPhone/iPhone/iPhone-Chargers/iPhone-UK-Main...

hope that's useful - best wishes for recovery
Dave Hewitt - on 02 Jun 2011
In reply to cas smerdon:

Best wishes with the recovery.

My pal Perkin Warbeck works at the Southern and has been across to see Carole. He’s just sent me this: “Just been over. I’ll get her some clothes. The iPhone charger has been sorted.. You could say it is in hand in case anyone is busting a gut to get there.”
In reply to Dave Hewitt: Thanks all. I have charger. Gentleman above is going shopping for me and friend can get camper here Saturday. Just have to check if breakdown will get me home if I can't drive then.
In reply to Dave Hewitt: Positive news. Very heart warming to see such selfless acts of kindness from all.

Condolences to those affected and best wishes and speedy recovery to the injured.
ads.ukclimbing.com
skog - on 02 Jun 2011
In reply to Dave Hewitt:

Thanks for letting me know, saves a trip.
Milesy - on 02 Jun 2011
In reply to cas smerdon:

I work just down the road from where you are. If you are stuck for anything else let me know and I will be glad to help out.
CarolineMc - on 02 Jun 2011
In reply to cas smerdon: Good news, good luck with the recovery, hope you're up and about again soon. Co:
rallymania - on 02 Jun 2011
In reply to cas smerdon:

awesome!
Legionreturns on 02 Jun 2011
In reply to cas smerdon:

If your breakdown doesn't cover getting you home I would be very surprised, but if that is the case, let me know and I'm pretty sure I can get you a lift
Monk - on 02 Jun 2011
In reply to cas smerdon:

I can't really help, I am afraid, as I am 600 miles away but I think threads like this are a fantastic indication of the community that underpins UKC and make a refreshing change from the bickering and pedantry.

I wish you a speedy recovery and hope everything gets satisfactorily sorted out ASAP.
Pauline on 02 Jun 2011
In reply to cas smerdon:

Firstly let me say my condolances to all involved in the origional incident. However, this thread is demonstrating the very best of the UKC community!

Everyone who has been able to assist etc you really do restore peoples faith in mankind. You've brought a tear to my eye! Well done guys!
In reply to cas smerdon: Thanks all. Friends are recovering camper for me. Someone above is getting me clothes and I have borrowed charger so i am all sorted. Thanks for all offers of help. Post closed now.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.