/ Support needed on Ben Nevis this Sunday

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Rich - on 30 Mar 2012
Some friends of mine are doing the 3 peaks in 72 hours by bike. I was with them on Scafell Pike today and they are cycling north as I type.

The person who was going to lead them up Ben Nevis has had to pull out and I wondered if there's anyone in the area who would offer to walk up with them on Sunday morning. They're doing it for charity for a very worthwhile cause.

If you're interested please drop me a message.

Rich
Rich - on 31 Mar 2012
In reply to Rich: Bump

If Jamie is reading please can you check your emails
Rich - on 31 Mar 2012
In reply to Rich: Bump

one more go
Milesy - on 31 Mar 2012
Hi mate. They shouldn't have much problems going up the pony track if visibility is good. If the clag is in then navigation on the plateau could be tricky with snow covering the path.
connor on 31 Mar 2012
In reply to Rich:
i am available untill 5 on sunday, what time is there ETA?

Rich - on 31 Mar 2012
In reply to Milesy: yep, realise that hence asking for help. I'd take them myself but going away tomorrow for 2 weeks.
Rich - on 31 Mar 2012
In reply to connor: Hi Connor

Can you mail me so we can swap numbers?
Milesy - on 31 Mar 2012
In reply to Rich:
> (In reply to Milesy) yep, realise that hence asking for help. I'd take them myself but going away tomorrow for 2 weeks.

Sorry mate didn't look at your profile as I was on my phone. Wasn't being patronising :)
Rich - on 31 Mar 2012
In reply to Milesy: no worries :-) It's my knowledge of the Ben that makes me so keen to find someone to take them. They're very fit and motivated but no hill experience.

Connor has offered to help and they're going to contact him. Thanks to everyone for replying.

Rich
Christian Cullinane on 02 Apr 2012 - 31.94.135.80 whois?
In reply to Rich: Many thanks to Rich and Connor for your support! We managed to climb all three peaks and cycled the 417 miles in just under 76 hours. Some details at 4joshua dot org

Thanks again!

C
professionalwreckhead - on 02 Apr 2012
In reply to Christian Cullinane: congratulations, that really is a cracking achievement. If I'd bumped into you lot in the pub at the weekend (I was wandering on the CMD arete side of the Ben on Sunday with a raging hangover), I would most certainly have bought you all a beer! Great work.

connor on 02 Apr 2012
congratulations to all these guys for their super human effort !!!
Christian Cullinane on 05 May 2012 - 5e0b5d0c.bb.sky.com
In reply to Rich:

Hi,

Video of the challenge if you are interested including both Rich and Connor. Thanks again for their support and everyone's kind comments. Very much appreciated. We've now raised more than 16k for the Hospice. Many thanks.

Video here http://www.vimeo.com/41506164

Ta,

C
David Hooper - on 05 May 2012
In reply to Rich: Now THATS the way to do the 3 Peaks - well done lads, impressive feat.
nigel pearson - on 05 May 2012
In reply to Christian Cullinane: Hi, looked at the site but could not see a simple way to donate to the cause.
Christian Cullinane on 05 May 2012 - 5e0b5d0c.bb.sky.com
In reply to Rich:

That would be kind. Many thanks.

Easiest way is www.justgiving.com/4Joshua

Cheers,

C
nigel pearson - on 07 May 2012
In reply to Christian Cullinane: thanks for the link
ads.ukclimbing.com
Christian Cullinane on 08 May 2012 - 10.10.59.87 [wwwproxy.qinetiq.com]
In reply to nigel pearson: Many thanks for the donation! Very kind and much appreciated. Cheers, C

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.