/ Will there be Life after Annapurna

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
mypyrex - on 17 Apr 2012
When I told Mrs that I was going to Annapurna in October we had a tacit understanding that it would be my last Himalayan venture.

I've been looking at some pictures this morning and even now, six months before I go, I'm wondering if I'll manage without going out there again.

Is there life after big mountain treks? B0(
mypyrex - on 17 Apr 2012
(I suppose I've still got my beloved Pyrenees to look forward to)
davidbeynon - on 17 Apr 2012
In reply to mypyrex:

You could pretend that you thought she meant the last trip to the himalayas this year.
David Hooper - on 17 Apr 2012
In reply to mypyrex: dump her,join over 50s outdoor singles and find yourself a nice widow who enjoys walking.
Problem sorted.
Dauphin - on 17 Apr 2012
In reply to David Hooper:

never leave nepal grow your barnet and embrace your inner skychild - get a job hustling for one of the lake front bars in Phokra and tap the craghoppers clad milfs in the busy bee and give them trip of a life time. lay off the temple balls though mate - that is a road to ruin.

D
Jamie B - on 17 Apr 2012
In reply to mypyrex:

There are other Annapurnas in the life of men.
mypyrex - on 17 Apr 2012
In reply to Jamie Bankhead:
> (In reply to mypyrex)
>
> There are other Annapurnas in the life of men.

You too have read Maurice Herzog :)

The Ivanator - on 17 Apr 2012
In reply to mypyrex: Last Himalayan Venture? Then the Andes beckons - Cordilleran Blanca, Cordillera Real, Cordillera Huayhuash plenty there to sustain a few more trips before you start looking at the Caucausus, Rockies, Patagonia, Rwenzori, Southern Alps etc. Also I'm sure the Karakorum is a distinct range if you want a return to Asia.
willworkforfoodjnr - on 17 Apr 2012
In reply to mypyrex: Ha, the busy bee! (I miss Nepal)
almost sane - on 17 Apr 2012
In reply to mypyrex:
Greenland?
Antarctica?
The whole length of the Andes?
mypyrex - on 17 Apr 2012
In reply to The Ivanator & almost sane:

Might've know you lot would start putting ideas in my head! :)
Smiler H - on 17 Apr 2012
In reply to mypyrex: It is your own bloody fault for allowing the understanding to go ahead! Take her with you?

If not keen, tell her to stuff it and nail the craghoppers MILFS...
almost sane - on 17 Apr 2012
In reply to mypyrex:
or you could give up mountains and start exploring deserts. Spectacular places, but in a different way.

At least, that is what you say.
You just neglect to mention that the desert you are going to visit, Nubra, happens to be in the Himalaya...
mypyrex - on 18 Apr 2012
Six months tomorrow :o)
almost sane - on 18 Apr 2012
In reply to mypyrex:
> Six months tomorrow :o)

Where is it you are going?

;)
mypyrex - on 18 Apr 2012
In reply to almost sane:
> (In reply to mypyrex)
> [...]
>
> Where is it you are going?
>
> ;)

Thought I'd told you...

Alton Towers ;)

Trangia - on 18 Apr 2012
In reply to mypyrex:

Pendle Hill
cariva - on 20 Apr 2012
In reply to Jamie Bankhead:
> (In reply to mypyrex)
>
> There are other Annapurnas in the life of men.

LOL. Good one!

edunn on 03 May 2012
In reply to mypyrex:

Dude, you're screwed!
mypyrex - on 03 May 2012
In reply to edunn:
> (In reply to mypyrex)
>
> Dude, you're screwed!

Meaning?

Orgsm on 03 May 2012
In reply to mypyrex:

Annapurna isn't a big mountain trek. It is just the start.
edunn on 04 May 2012
In reply to mypyrex:

Meaning, once you've got the bug it never leaves. You should have stayed away from this horrible business altogether. Take up painting, something low-stimulus that you can do indoors.
mypyrex - on 04 May 2012
In reply to edunn:
> (In reply to mypyrex)
>
> Meaning, once you've got the bug it never leaves. You should have stayed away from this horrible business altogether. Take up painting, something low-stimulus that you can do indoors.

I'm with you now. But I do like to get out so I think I'll take up train spotting. ;o)

Stone Muppet - on 04 May 2012
> (In reply to David Hooper)
> never leave nepal grow your barnet and embrace your inner skychild - get a job hustling for one of the lake front bars in Phokra and tap the craghoppers clad milfs in the busy bee and give them trip of a life time. lay off the temple balls though mate - that is a road to ruin.

I've never been to Nepal yet but this doesn't encourage me..!

On a scale from 1 to Khao San Road how travellery is it? I'm quite partial to a few comfy hostels but could do without the binge drinking.
edunn on 04 May 2012
In reply to Stone Muppet:

I was there 10 years ago and it was on a par with somewhere like Marracech.

The tourist trail was well established, but not to the point of offering fish bowls and hookers to anyone that passed (although I'm sure you could find them if you wanted to!). I don't think Kathmandu will ever be that sort of place to be honest.

The Annapourna cirucit is known as the apple pie route for a reason. there are Swiss challet style guest houses and 'hot' showers all along the route, with oportunities to venture off the beaten track if you want.

It's a nice route and a good intro to long distance paths.
Stone Muppet - on 08 May 2012
Enty - on 08 May 2012
In reply to mypyrex:

I didn't know you were going to Annapurna?

E
mypyrex - on 08 May 2012
In reply to Enty: You're not keeping abreast of thing are you? ;o|
ads.ukclimbing.com
poeticshambles - on 08 May 2012
In reply to mypyrex: Yes, and Ed Viesturs bastardises it every time he does a talk.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.