/ Petzl Vasak Vs Grivel G12

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
minus273degrees - on 29 Apr 2012
so what should i get???
highclimber - on 29 Apr 2012
In reply to minus273degrees: G14s
beregeil - on 29 Apr 2012
In reply to minus273degrees:

having used both i can say: What is your color preference? yellow or orange? i found them both very good crampons!
In reply to highclimber: that wasnt one one of the options :p should probably say i'm mainly going to be using them for mountaineering plan to take them to the alps not too much vertical stuff yet
beregeil - on 29 Apr 2012

wouldn't take the g14's... for pure ice the BD cyborgs or stingers whatever are waaaay better then g14/ . g22 should be good as well..
lewisor05 on 29 Apr 2012
In reply to minus273degrees: Surprised no one has said it yet but what ever fits your boots.
I went to the shops thinking I was going to buy vasaks but came out with G12's because they fitted my boots better. My brother went in at the same time and came out with the vasaks because they fitted his boots better. Both very happy with them.
In reply to lewisor05: what boots you guys got?
lewisor05 on 29 Apr 2012
In reply to minus273degrees: Scarpa Freney XT GTX with the G12 (asymmetric bar used) and Raichle All Degrees Exp with the vasaks.
I would recommend going to a climbing shop and have them fitted properly to your boots if you can
CurlyStevo - on 30 Apr 2012
In reply to lewisor05: The asymmetric bar for the g12 on the freney is just a bodge and fixes the poor coverage of the downward facing points and makes the front points point in at the wrong angle. BD sabretooth without the asymmetric bar fit these boots best.
ads.ukclimbing.com
Mark F - on 30 Apr 2012

I second what Lewisor05 said - whichever fits best. I went to buy G12s and came away with Vasaks as they allow more precise adjustment and suited my boots better (I have Sportiva Nepal Evo GTX). I think the Vasaks are great and am very happy with my decision.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.