Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Need a new harness...

Gemma - on 29 Apr 2012
Question for the girls (and boys, go for it too if you like!)- what climbing harness do you use?! I'm in need of a new one, and am having fit issues.... =( Currently using a medium DMM renegade, which is too big round the waist, and fits just about ok on the legs. The small renegade doesn't fit my legs at all. The Puma just doesn't fit around the waist, I cannot imagine being on a hanging belay in it for long! Their Viper doesn't fit either, but I haven't tried the Maverick.

The new BD Primrose, the one with the slidey bit on the leg loops, the size small I have to have it done up as tight as it will go, but the legs fit ok. The XS fits better around the waist, but the legs do not fit me as the leg loops cannot be undone! The Xenos in a size small, again the waistband is done up as tightly as possible but the leg loops are ok.

Petzl Calidris, the back band is way too wide for me and digs in.

Wild Country ones, I can never seem to get the waistband centered properly, and again I have leg loop issues.

Anyone got any advice? I've always been told (by my instructor from way back when, when I was a kid and also shop staff) that you should have 2 inches of tail left over on the waistband and leg loops after doing the buckles up, and 2 inches left so you can tighten it further if you need to. Does this still stand? It has been suggested to me that I'd be better off with a traditional style buckle harness as they don't creep (I have found that my renegade does need tightening a little when I've been lobbing off things repeatedly in weird positions!), what do you guys think?

Ta muchly for any advice/opinions/jokes about me having thunder thighs....

Gemma =)
... not showing 8 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums