/ B2 Boot

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
benstu - on 30 Apr 2012
i am looking at the BERGHAUS KIBO GTX boot for genral winter mountaineering in Scotland .Have any of you got them & what do you think on them .
butteredfrog - on 30 Apr 2012
In reply to benstu:

I had a pair for 3 or 4 yrs. Used in summer, Scottish Winter up to IV, Alps to AD+, Via Ferrata, general scrambling and trekking round Nepal.

Pros: Very comfy and warm, Cheep (compared to other manufacturers), climb ok, pair very nicely with G12's or similar, reasonably hard wearing.

Cons: Bit warm in summer, had a few issues with the sole seperating (cured with lots of superglue, I had pretty much killed them by this point though), Feel a little bit bulky and clunky compared to other B2's.

To sum up, like any boot, it depends on if they fit your feet as all manufacturers fits are different. Would I have another pair? Yes.

Hope that helps

Cheers Adam

benstu - on 30 Apr 2012
In reply to butteredfrog: thanks i think al get em
In reply to benstu: I've used them for several years. Good boots for general winter walking and mountaineering, robust but a bit clumpy. See here for full review: http://www.ukhillwalking.com/gear/review.php?id=4385
benstu - on 30 Apr 2012
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com: thank,s how do they fit do they fit to size
In reply to benstu: Sorry, how do you mean 'fit to size'? I can tell you they're relatively broad-fitting; but I can't say if their size 9 boot will fit your size 9 feet (or whatever) - you've got to try them on to find out!
highclimber - on 30 Apr 2012
In reply to benstu: My friend took a pair to the alps last year for some general mountaineering and she had to hire some more boots out there as the Berghaus ones shed three eyelets (2 on one boot, 1 on the other).
benstu - on 30 Apr 2012
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com: get you
ads.ukclimbing.com
benstu - on 30 Apr 2012
In reply to highclimber: ye av heard of this prob with them

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.