/ orpierre accommodation reccomendations

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
GrahamD - on 30 Apr 2012
Hi all, anyone got any accommodation reccomendations in or near Orpierre ?

I'm looking for Gite like accomodation for a club trip for 8 or so people for October. From a brief web search there appear to be a few options but personal experiences count foer a lot.

Many thanks in advance.
sammycolon - on 30 Apr 2012
In reply to GrahamD:
Hi Graham, it depneds on how close you want to be I organise the HECC club trip to Orpierre however we stay about 30-40mins away as my mate owns a Hotel in Saint Juliean en Beauchene, we have 23 prople going this year and i just book out the hotel. This is a great location as there is climbing in the village plus Ceuse is just down the road, so is Sisteron and the devlouy there is so much climbing its great. If you want more information email me.. oh you also are better getting the local guides book than the rockfax one as that only has selected routes.
GrahamD - on 30 Apr 2012
In reply to sammycolon:

Thanks - sent email.
sammycolon - on 30 Apr 2012
can you resend email I was changing it at the time so i think it went to the wrong email adress
GrahamD - on 01 May 2012
In reply to sammycolon:

Hopefully got it this time.
GrahamD - on 09 May 2012
In reply to GrahamD:

Bump !

Hopefully someone ou there has had some experience with accommodation in the area ? .... cheers
big john - on 09 May 2012
In reply to GrahamD: I'm not sure if this is the kind of thing you are looking for but I can thoroughly recommend Les Planious.
Its about 20 minutes drive from Orpierre, and close to other crags in the region. I think they fully cater for you, but you may be able to negotiate. I worked here as a 'WWOOFER' last summer and the location is beautiful as is the house and the food is amazing.
I'd give them an email if you have any questions, the family speak perfect english.
Luke
GrahamD - on 09 May 2012
In reply to big john:

OK, thats good information, thanks. I don't think 20 minutes drive is an issue - we will need to plan on having cars there.
sammycolon - on 09 May 2012
In reply to GrahamD: Dont know if you got my email

Ok Graham we stay at the hotel bermond http://hotel-bermond.com/ its in Saint-Julien-en-Beauchêne, It has some good climbing in the village http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=16416 you can also see other areas around the area where climbing is we generally do 2-3 days in Orpierre a day in Sisteron as there is a great restaurant over looking a spectacular craig, Ceuse is also nearby if you want to go.

If you want to stay at the Hotel give them a call and say Richard Bailey said that you should call and you should get mates rates.

We have 26 going there at the end of May.

If you need any more advice let me know!

Regards
Richard.
earlsdonwhu - on 09 May 2012
In reply to GrahamD: Another alternative is to hire a couple of 'chalets' on the Campsite...... Prince of Orange?? Pretty cramped but can walk to crags if necessary.
GrahamD - on 09 May 2012
In reply to sammycolon:

I don't think I got the email. Thanks for the information anyway.
ads.ukclimbing.com
GrahamD - on 09 May 2012
In reply to earlsdonwhu:

OK, thats useful to know.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.