ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - help for translation: climbing words

mangia on 01 May 2012 - host248-28-dynamic.14-87-r.retail.telecomitalia.it
Hi, I'm an italian climber, I'm working at guidebook about the Mont Blanc range. The book has been translated into english by a professional translator. Now I'm checking this translation and I'm not sure about some words she used to describe climbing. I ask your advise for:
-lower-off: do English people sometimes use this, instead of "abseil"?
-stance: is it the same of "belay"? Does the expression "belay stance" really exist?
-niche: can I use "niche" when I mean a small col, where you have to pass to get on the other side of the face?
- how do you english climbers call the particular feature of rock (only granite) like slight flakes, usually unprotectables,that you often find near ridges or other very exposed places? I mean, in french, the "cannelures"...
Thanks to everybody who will help me!I will be happy to give informations about the Mont Blanc conditions in exchange.
Marco
... not showing 17 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums