/ Expanding gear mountains...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
The Ex-Engineer - on 04 May 2012
Why is it that no matter how much effort you seem to make to reduce the amount for outdoor gear you have by retiring, giving away, breaking, losing, selling or otherwise getting rid of it, you always seem to end up acquiring more of it!

I've probably sold about 1000 of gear in the last month but I still somehow seem to have both a massive load of stuff I probably don't need but also an ever growing shopping list of other stuff that I have decided that I do need.

Any suggestions (other than for gear companies to stop coming up with shiny new products)?
airbournegrapefruit on 04 May 2012
In reply to The Ex-Engineer: You could always just give it away to the poor(me). It will be well used until it falls apart and just needs binning.
martinph78 on 04 May 2012
In reply to The Ex-Engineer: Stop reading/buying magazines/reviews.

I just wait until I think one day "I need a new this" or "I wonder if tehre's something taht will do that" before asking on here or doing a web search.

I used to be the same with mountain biking, read the mags, bought the latest lightest bit of kit etc. Now I'm still riding the same bike as I was 10 years ago and it doesn't feel any less well speccd ;o)
iksander on 06 May 2012
In reply to The Ex-Engineer: cancel your ebay searches ;)
wilkie14c - on 06 May 2012
In reply to The Ex-Engineer:
Stop collecting the crag swag on little chamonix then! ;-)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.