/ Blue Peter vs Capital Punishment...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Duncan Campbell - on 11 May 2012
So Blue Peter is on the cards for my revision day off tomorrow. Just want a vague idea of how it is, as I don't want to find out that it is a mega pumpy AND poorly protected route!

I did Capital Punishment at suicide walls last year and although that gets E3 now in the guide, a lot of people have said it is more like E4. Though at the time I had just come back from Squamish so had been climbing a lot and was moving well at the time.

As you will see from my logbooks I have fallen off/failed on a number of E4s this year, and due to being a 3rd year I don't have much mileage under my belt, though do seem to be going OK. (I fell off close to the end of the hard climbing on snakebite wall.)

In essence I can deal with boldness but if it's too strenuous I may take flight and I don't particularly want to do that on something I may deck out on.

To all the old die-hard traditionalists... yes I am being a total wetty asking how it is, but I can't help but ask.

Cheers, Dunc
Skyfall - on 11 May 2012
In reply to Duncan Campbell:

And there was I thinking you were asking if we would prefer to watch Blue Peter or get the chop....

No idea I'm afraid, sorry.
johncoxmysteriously - on 11 May 2012

Very soft E4, not terribly pumpy but the difficulties are on the pumpy side rather than the technical. There's lot of gear but none of it is all that reassuring.

jcm

The E4 bit of Blue Peter is quite steep if memory serves me right.
ring ouzel on 11 May 2012
In reply to JonC: Agree Jon, the thread title promised so much more!
PGD - on 11 May 2012
Steep start that is a bit tricky then easy climbing with lots of poor gear that may hold. I seem to remember being told the name had something to do with the gear and sticky tape.
Niall - on 11 May 2012
In reply to ring ouzel:
> (In reply to JonC) Agree Jon, the thread title promised so much more!

I stopped watching BP when the presenters became younger than me...
Skyfall - on 11 May 2012
In reply to Niall:

Yes but I started watching again when Helen Skelton appeared.

http://www.tv.com/shows/blue-peter/photos/image-49/

Actually I didn't but I did find myself compulsively drawn to the specials she's appeared in, ahem...
mr mills - on 11 May 2012

Did the Sarah Green start, given the same grade though, found the rest ok but, would not want to fall onto the gear !
Found the climbing on Capital Punishment a tad easier but I`d give it E4 for the o/s as it would be possible to deck on the lower section !
ads.ukclimbing.com
Duncan Campbell - on 11 May 2012
In reply to Duncan Campbell: Cool, it seems like a logical progression from Capital Punishment, and one that I am ready for. I hope it isn't too snappy!!

Cheers for all the useful input!

Dunc

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.