/ Learning from accidents

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Offwidth - on 26 May 2012
It looks like I'm going to have to eat humble pie. I was always very skeptical about how much people can learn from accident threads. It appears I may have been wrong. Today Moff tore something in her calf in Running Hill Pits. It was our first visit and we were on our second climb a few before having a go at Plumb Line. Anyway what can we all learn .... its that caradoc of this parish and his son are really nice blokes as they helped us back to the car (half a mile is a long way to hop and piggy back and ferry two rucksacks). Moff sends her thanks.
Dan Lane - on 26 May 2012
In reply to Offwidth:

You've never been to t'Pits before!? I'm shocked!

Anyway, I hope whatever Moff has torn becomes 'untorn' soon!

Unfortunately I can't make the meeting on Weds as Moff may have said but i'll no doubt see you two again soon.
Moff - on 26 May 2012
In reply to Dan Lane:

Hi Dan

Offwidth is going to phone you soon about climbing tomorrow. I'm giving him a day pass, seeing that I can't walk now, and he did carry me half way down from Running Hill Pits. I was having such good fun as well!
ads.ukclimbing.com
Offwidth - on 26 May 2012
In reply to Dan Lane:

Several weird accidents of fate have kept us away until now and its starting to look like we are jinxed. Last time we tried, we left early for a formal guidebook meet but popped in at Upperwood on the way and it rained heavily despite a good forecast... got the lovely severe Wampum Wall done though, which is a great expedition if you ab in to the ledge, as suggested in the new bible, and not do what we did: climb up from below on damp VS shite.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.