/ High Man (Lake district)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Nick Allen - on 28 May 2012
A new Mallion has be added to a piece of blue rope at the top of High Man on Pil Rock. The Tat still looks to be in good condition for abseiling.

The old (larger) mallion has been left up there (mostly because I'm weak and couldn't undo it).

John Kettle - on 01 Jun 2012
In reply to Nick Allen: Nice one Nick. I expect that'll be the big maillon I left there 3 years ago. Shame 'Pillar Rock' wasn't in the title of this thread, it would have got a lot more traffic.
John
Nick Allen - on 02 Jun 2012
In reply to John Kettle:

If it was the large one on the blue tat then yeah it might have been yours. I didn't have anything quite that big so I managed to squeeze a smaller one around what I considered to be the most solid anchor up there. A 10mm will run through the metal no problem (I abbed on an 8.9mm)
sheep - on 02 Jun 2012
In reply to Nick Allen:

I used to downclimb that bit, thought it was about Diff.
SCrossley on 02 Jun 2012
In reply to Nick Allen: There was a brand new mallion there Saturday 6pm ish but not by 4pm Sunday if thats the one you placed.
Nick Allen - on 03 Jun 2012
In reply to sjc: 6pm would have been literally just after I put it there.We were back at base camp by 19:30.
ads.ukclimbing.com
SCrossley on 06 Jun 2012
In reply to Nick Allen: Thats it, it was so shiny to be honest I thought twice about using, it looked out of place. Seems a bit naff to take it to be honest. Shame.
Cheers sjc

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.