Starting Out forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Best placed for relaxed easy trad in Ogwen

Oujmik - on 29 May 2012
Hi all, will be off to Ogwen soon for a week walking and scrambling and wanted to throw in a bit of easy trad for good measure. I've got the Ogwen guidebook, but there is so much choice I thought I'd ask for some pointers.

I've only just started leading with a couple of Mods in the Peak District, but I've been scrambling for a while and have done a couple of sport leads and a fair bit indoors, crucial fact is that my second is pretty nervous so I don;t want to be pushing my ability/nerve, I also don't want loads of other groups snapping at our heels. Ultimately I'd like to be able to do easy mountain routes like those on the East Face of Tryfan but I currently have virtually zero multipitch experience.

So, I'm looking for a quietish crag with shortish non-commiting routes at M, Diff or VDiff. If they are multipitch the belays need to be really good with spacious stances as my second will not appreciate being left perched halfway up a face while I mess around with gear!

I'd been looking at Tryfan Bach, or possibly some of the shorter routes on Carnedd y Filast, or Idwal Slabs but the descent and the busy-ness put me off?

Any recommendations or general tips?
... not showing 14 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums