Expedition & Alpine forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Free Chamonix Guidebook/wiki

alasdair19 on 03 Jun 2012
Hello

A friend of mine who has great french has started translating Camp to Camp could be handy for the summer! Its a wiki format and contributions would be very welcome.

As part of the Alpine Club and Camptocamp.org joint project to produce an online guidebook in English for the Alps, I have been translating the route descriptions for a selection of climbs in the Mont Blanc region. These selected routes, together with the link to the route description, can be found on a small website;
http://funalps.com
The quality of these route descriptions will be limited in a number of ways; e.g. shortcomings in the original French version, limits in my translating skills and typing errors.

I hope as many people as possible will contribute to improving the quality of the descriptions. Camptocamp is a "wiki" type site so anybody can register and make improvements.

If you have any photos in, jpg form, suitable for showing the line of a route, this would be most helpful. If you have a favourite route that you would like to proof read, every bit of help goes towards achieving the (one of) fundamental aim of the AC, the dissemination of information.
N.B. Only the Fun Fives and Happy Alpine have been translated, I hope to finish the other list before next winter.

If you would prefer to email just send me stuff through here and I'll pass it onto Gus Morton

regards
Alasdair
... not showing 9 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums