Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - One of those softshell posts, but a bit more specific

Si Withington - on 03 Jun 2012
Hi

I didn't really want to add to ukc's massive list of softshell threads, but hey:

Am after what is probably a 'lined windshirt' with a hood that fits well over a helmet. So a thinish softshell I reckon. I like my Rab VR but it's too warm when moving quickly outside of winter.

I also like the new Rab VR lite or whatever it's called but I'm dissapointed to hear that the hood doesn't fit over a lid.

I recently tried an ME Astron hooded thing, which would have been bang on if it didn't have stupid fleece panels which leak wind like nothing else. It's useless in anything where the wind is up, despite the speed you're moving. Tested this in anger on an MR call last night and wasnt impressed.

Any recommendations? A light VR with a decent hood would be perfic. As would a Montane Featherlight thingy that's more robust and has a decent hood.

Oh yeah it's for alpine & spring - autumn UK use. Happy to layer over/under as needed

S
... not showing 32 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums