ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Climbing friends and not.

Chay - on 19 Jun 2012
Afternoon,

Just a quick discussion on something I've found that should maybe factored in to peoples climbing.

For most of my climbing, bar the last couple of years I've always had very regular parters, not only that but good friends. Due to this I found it easy to be motivated, we pushed eachother to improve and not only enjoyed the climbing but being in eachothers company. We (in all cases) both progressed quickly and safely within climbing whilst enjoying and wanting to get out all the time.

During the last couple of years, these people have sinced moved away, work etc and we maybe climb together once or twice a year. So I've been climbing with many (LOTS) of different climbing partners and have found that my climbing is almost back to when I first started S/HS at best. I know these people are safe yet never push myself or eachother and the company is never entirely comfortable due to not really knowing eachother that well. I find it difficult to be motivated and frankly, don't enjoy climbing anything like I did because it factors out all the pro's that I mentioned in the first paragraph.

My question being; Is it just a problem with my personnal motivation or do people find this a common problem? How did you overcome it and remain motivated and push yourself on a personnal level without the help of a partner?

Thanks, sorry it's long winded!

GB
... not showing 15 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums