Walls & Training forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - UKC fit club 275

Daniel Heath - on 24 Jun 2012
Last Fit club thread from me for several weeks. I’ve found it quite rewarding, and it has probably boosted my motivation outdoors, because I feel like I have a lot of pressure not to report a rubbish week myself. I’d recommend it to anyone else to do.
It’s been great to see people achieving their goals. Joughton’s E5 and Quiddity’s 8a stand out as obvious examples. Keep training hard.
I may have the chance to post, but my next planned one is 26/Aug, so see you then.
UKC Fit Club is not a substitute for the training diary but to use with ( or without ) it as a motivational tool for all.

For those wanting to find out more about training for climbing a number of physical training articles here:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=274502

A new thread is posted each week on Sunday for anyone to jot down their previous week's activity, noting goals, successes and failures and to swap ideas.

Anyone interested in starting is very welcome but you should aim to post each week, every week, however little or much you have done. By making such a regular public record of your activities and by restating your goals every week this new habit will hopefully improve your training habits to help achieve your goals whatever the level of your chosen activity.

Link to last week's (274) thread:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=509889&v=1#x6916629
Posters: 28
Grubes – ouch, go easy then. Could you put a few days between your last boulder session and Malham? It shouldn’t hold you back on Pembroke slabs. Have a great time.
Biscuit – Good work with the diet, hope you manage to sustain that.
Quiddity – You’re probably right about doing routes quickly for a change, I expect your on sighting skills will improve a lot.
Eagle River – Sounds like a strong week.
Leon – Good training mate, and enough variety that you’ll *probably* avoid injury
The New Nick B – Cool, good luck running again.
AJM – Great stuff Andy, nice to see progression on the campus board still. Maybe Draggin’ Along will be ticked by the time I get back to fit club!
Mr Chewey – Looking forward to hearing about the Ultra!
Kevster – Hope find some inspiration in North Wales
Migs493 – Sounds like a good week. Good work packing all the extra runs in around climbing training.
Mattrm – Hope you manage to convince your wife that the diet is sustainable. Positive vibes for recovery
IainRUK – What a brilliant 10 mile time, well done. I’ve often dreamt of running 10miles in an hour but I think climbing stole all my motivation for the hard work involved.
Nomics4Sale – Don’t worry about seconding the E1, just seconding a Gogarth E1 has got to be a good experience! Well done on the 6c flash.
MNM – Looks like a good week to be but their your goals. Hope you manage to get 30miles in now.
Liam M – Good luck on 10K
Hokkyokusei – Congrats on the bonus PB! Maybe you’re concept of hard needs to increase a bit. 23:00 next?
Markez – Welcome Mark. Sounds like some useful fingerboard sessions. Do you have any goals you’re working toward?
Ian Bell – Sounds like a good training plan for Kaly.
IanT – More 6as, good news
Ayuplass – Good weight management week :P Hope you stay well and find the energy to train.
SeanKenny – Well done on the 6c onsights, solid.
Steve John B – Respect for being so disciplined with rehab.
Sankey – Good mileage. Hope you get some more climbing in.
Mr-Cowdrey – Nice set of goals there. I’ll enjoy reading as you play out your 22 week training plan! Good luck
Liz J - Not a bad 8 mile time. Surely you could fit a couple more in a week so you can be strong next Sat? Good luck anyhow.
Curious Yellow – Quiet week
Ali – Sorry to hear about all the niggles. Maybe something completely different like swimming would help with recovery (just a suggestion)?
Stone Donkey – Stanage to Curbar is bound to make you feel intimidated! Curbar’s quite a hard place, I’ve probably fallen off as many routes as I haven’t there. Great work top roping Canoe - If you can do a 6a move on toprope, surely you could lead a bit harder than VS (all the classic HVS 5as at Froggatt spring to mind) Have fun
... not showing 84 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums