ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Do film crews have a right to 'claim' a venue?

beingtallisntcheating - on 24 Jun 2012
I was visiting the Peak today with my young family and a friend's family too, and when the rain cleared we thought a nice kiddy friendly venue out of the wind would be Lawrencefield. Plan was to do a quick 30mins on the easy slabs then back to the car park for an ice cream and medals. As we approached the main area a disgruntled looking pair were heading out saying something about a film crew, and when we got round the corner sure enough there was a lady who couldn't use her left arm being coaxed up the crack for their programme. The camera was on the slab to the left, so I though 'no probs, we'll just use the lower part of the right hand slab'. Oh, no. Continuity, don't you know. Can't be having a family having fun near their shots of somebody in extremis. I had a chat with the lady in charge who very politely said how they'd been waiting hours and it was now their turn, etc etc, and they weren't going to be long (we'd been patiently waiting for an hour by now) and couldn't we use the vdiff above the lake? Not with my 2year old. So, the question to you is, do film crews have some higher right to exclusive use of a venue? The film company in question is Ricochet, and I'll let the NT know they were there in case they'd like a little cut of the action.
... not showing 125 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums