Expedition & Alpine forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Suggested novice routes in Les Ecrins

Andy Nelson - on 25 Jun 2012
So, spent two weeks with guides last season and covered some classics in Arolla Valley (L'Eveque by the SW Ridge) and then drove and made the Dri Hornli Traverse. This year we are going alone and looking for suitable route in the Ecrins.

As background: We are all in reasonable shape and have climbed plenty in the UK, however I am looking for routes that are fairly short (given our slow, but improving, alpine speed) but something more interesting than a glacier trudge.
Also, we'd like to figure out a good hut to go up for a few days at a time, hopefully completing two or more routes before coming back. We have two weeks. and we're driving so no problem getting about.

Curent thoughts are actually to repeat the Dri Honrli, as a warm up and acclimatisation plan and maybe do Weissmies. Before heading to Les Ecrins. But with enough planning (and help from you guys) we might strike out in the Ecrins directly.

So, any suggestions for a hut and some routes in Les Ecrins, that second season alpinsts could tackle and involve some interesting ridge climbing?
... not showing 12 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums