/ masson lees conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
maybe_si - on 26 Jun 2012
Anyone know what the main wall is like at the mo? I want to head there tomorrow but not if its seeping and minging!

Cheers

Si
tom290483 - on 26 Jun 2012
In reply to maybe_si:

according to the logbooks exo6 hasnt been climbed since you did it and eye,eye was last done a couple of weeks ago!
In reply to tom290483:

hmm....

Come.on, someone must have been there?! Surely?
R8JimBob88 - on 26 Jun 2012
In reply to maybe_si:

I'd imagine the overhanging wall and those alongside will still be pretty soggy and fragile. The rest of the place should be ok, not much to go at though
In reply to R8JimBob88:

yeah thats what im worried about, its the overhanging wall im after, wS hoping after 3 days of dry it may be ok? Or am i just wishful thinking?
In reply to maybe_si:
> (In reply to R8JimBob88)
>
> yeah thats what im worried about, its the overhanging wall im after, wS hoping after 3 days of dry it may be ok? Or am i just wishful thinking?

In a normal spring it would be dry in June - but it hasn't been a normal spring!

Chris
Budge - on 28 Jun 2012
In reply to maybe_si:

Did you go? If so what was it like.
Ian Broome - on 28 Jun 2012
In reply to maybe_si: I wouldn't bother, went a few months back after a short damp spell. Early May. Nothing bar 'eye eye' was climable. My partner pulled a rugby ball sized block off. Quite lucky. I think any damp is drawn into the sandy bits holding it together. I'd look else where, maybe nexy year!!
Ian Broome - on 28 Jun 2012
In reply to Ian Broome:
> (In reply to maybe_si) Nothing bar 'eye eye' was climable.

On the main wall.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.