/ clothes for night in a mountain hut

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
mt - on 28 Jun 2012
Hi,

I'm going to do a Tour du Mont Blanc with my girdfriend and she's curious what girls use as a nightdress in a dorm?

Thanks in advance.
Maxim
jon on 28 Jun 2012
In reply to mt:

Oh, this'll be good I think...
mattrm - on 28 Jun 2012
In reply to jon:
> (In reply to mt)
>
> Oh, this'll be good I think...

Darn tootin it will!

Firstly, we'll need some pics. We can't evaluate what might suit her...

But something from here would probably do:

http://www.leialingerie.com/nightwear.aspx

On a serious note, everyone seems to wear the baselayer that they're going to wear the following day, both blokes and women. That's certainly what I do. Can't see why the ladies would do anything different.
AdCo82 on 28 Jun 2012
In reply to mt:

One of these????

http://www.flickr.com/photos/silentmouth/6892824273/

Honestly, I also do baselayer top half and a pair of really lightweight shorts on the bottom!!!!
La Shamster on 28 Jun 2012
In reply to mt:

Depending on temperature I either where a pair of running tights and a l/s lifa (which will double up as emergency thermals) or a pair of very lightweight running shorts with built in mesh jockey area and a coolmax T!!! :-)

From memory on the TMB there are ladies loos in the Gites/Huts where you can get changed. Remember every bit of kit/clothing has to earn it's place in your back pack so whatever she want's to kip in will have to do other jobs too.

La Sham
Dave Perry - on 28 Jun 2012
In reply to mt:

All I've ever seen is knickers and t-shirt.
I'd guess you'd have folk falling over laughing/sniggering if she actually donned a night dress for real.
chamdog - on 28 Jun 2012
In reply to mt:
Hi,
No nightie! hanging around in high mountain huts in the evening I wear my thermal bottoms and a t-shirt. Then to sleep it's bra and knickers. I prefer a sports bra of the type that are pull over the head (eg nike) - they are very comfy for sleeping in, but also for walking - no clasp to rub against my back when wearing a rucksack for long periods of time.
Hope that helps.
C
stonemaster - on 29 Jun 2012
In reply to mt: Wouldn't be knowing that. Carefully avertet eyes when them girls were around...:)
Morgan Woods - on 29 Jun 2012
In reply to mt:
> Hi,
>
> I'm going to do a Tour du Mont Blanc with my girdfriend and she's curious what girls use as a nightdress in a dorm?

is she a laaaydeeee?
nniff - on 29 Jun 2012
In reply to mt:

To quote Derek & Clive (IIRC)

Oh little Flo! I love you so,
Especially in your nightie.
When the moonlight flits
Across your tits
Oh Jesus Christ Almighty!
jon on 29 Jun 2012
In reply to nniff:

Spike Milligan.
Simon4 - on 29 Jun 2012
In reply to mt:

> my girdfriend is curious what girls use as a nightdress in a dorm?

Maxim, I don't know why you are asking British alpinists what ladies wear at night in Alpine huts. British alpinists are gentlemen and would never look at a lady in her underwear.

A post on a French or Italian website might yield more information about undressed or partly dressed ladies.

tim000 - on 29 Jun 2012
In reply to mt: id go for underwear and baselayers she will be wearing the next day . saves weight and already dressed for the next morning.
Bruce Hooker - on 29 Jun 2012
In reply to mt:

I usually take my boots off.
Simon4 - on 29 Jun 2012
In reply to Bruce Hooker: Nancy boy!
Dr.S at work - on 30 Jun 2012
In reply to Bruce Hooker:
> (In reply to mt)
>
> I usually take my boots off.

during or after?
manumartin - on 30 Jun 2012
In reply to jon: I know it was on the derek and clive live album but did Spike Milligan write it??
jon on 30 Jun 2012
In reply to manumartin:

Hmmm, looks like you're right. Written by Dud. I certainly remember Spike reciting it and assumed it was his. The sort of stuff you tend to associate with him - like his poem 'Rain':

There are holes in the sky
Where the rain gets in,
But they're ever so small
That's why rain is thin.

Simon4 - on 30 Jun 2012
In reply to jon: Epic verse (or possibly epic worse), worthy of the late, great Mcgonagall.

In the meantime, can any one be a bit more precise about what ladies do (or don't) wear in huts at night? Luca perhaps?
almost sane - on 30 Jun 2012
In reply to mt:
In Europe there is less concern about what people do or don't wear in huts than you would get here.

Sleep naked, sleep fully dressed for the day ahead, sleep in your undies, sleep in t-shirt and shorts - nobody seems to mind. Unless of course the hut is crowded and there are ten of you sleeping on a platform designed for six, in which case sleeping naked with no sleeping bag would be considered poor form, whether you were a man or a woman.

Of course, not everyone is going for the summit tomorrow. So what people DO mind is you getting up at silly o'clock and then rustling through supermarket carrier bags getting out of your night things and putting on your climbing garb. Noisy faff whilst other people are trying to sleep is a sure-fire way to upset folks.
ads.ukclimbing.com
dazarooney on 05 Jul 2012
colina - on 05 Jul 2012
In reply to chamdog:
> (In reply to mt)
> Hi,
To sleep it's bra and knickers. I prefer a sports bra of the type that are pull over the head (eg nike) - they are very comfy for sleeping in, but also for walking - no clasp to rub against my back when wearing a rucksack for long periods of time.
> Hope that helps.
> C

That may be ok for you geoff, but the op is talking about his girl friend

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.