Running forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - BUPA Great North Run

Voltemands - on 02 Jul 2012
Back in January, the better-half suggested that it would be a good idea to do the BUPA GN. Sounded great too me, better than watering the money against the wall at the local, and in a "done it" kind of way. However, knowing how popular it is and how great people are at profiteering, I should have thought about checking the surrounding details.

There are plenty of options for accommodation but they all cost a fortune. For example, a camping bed in a hall with 300 other people for 25 each. Or a travel lodge etc for around 100.

Anyone have any genius ideas/knowledge of local farmers that will let people camp the night for a more regular camping fee? I'm thinking of doing the drive (about 3 hours) on the morning of the run, just out of principle of not paying that sort of money when I'm running for charity. But I guess, that in itself will produce all sorts of logistical problems with getting there on time.
... not showing 4 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums