/ Best sub 100 video editing software?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
richprideaux - on 04 Jul 2012
As the title says really. Running on Windows 7, mostly HD video in a variety of formats, mainly for Youtube publication...

Thanks in advance for all of the helpful comments!
ChrisJD on 04 Jul 2012
In reply to shingsowa:

I did the research and ended up with PowerDirector 10 (PD10) Ultra:

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector/overview_en_GB.html?&r=1

Does the job well.

I also tried the free stuff and Adobe Premier Elements and PD10 wins easily.
roypartington - on 04 Jul 2012
Deri Jones - on 05 Jul 2012
In reply to shingsowa: Have a look at sony vegas, they've a variety of packages starting at around 30 and are pretty straightforward to use. Youtube uploading is a doddle and as far as I can tell it handles most formats OK.
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/vegassoftware
Fraser on 05 Jul 2012
In reply to Deri Jones:

Another vote for Sony Vegas. Once you delve a bit deeper into it, it's a very capable application for the money. I bought the entry-level 30 package ('Movie Studio HD 10' I think it's called) and have found it very good.

The main reason I got it was that it handles .mts files from my (Sony) DV camera without translation, which a lot of other budget packages wouldn't.
rallymania - on 05 Jul 2012
In reply to Deri Jones:

yep and recommended on the gopro forums too

i'm naughty enough to have CS5 and premier pro is pretty good, but quite a time investment to learn properly

loads of great help on creativecow if you are looking for tutorials on what ever you end up with
http://library.creativecow.net/tutorials/sonyvegas
for example
rotax123 on 05 Jul 2012
In reply to rotax123:

i looked at that, it's designed for working with footage from tape

if you already know what your doing at a pro level (and i don't) then i'm sure it's brilliant

too much for me though :-)
In reply to rotax123:

oh and speaking of free

windows live movie maker is supposed to be ok too
kaltik - on 06 Jul 2012
In reply to shingsowa: Lightworks editing software. It's free online. Open source software...The Kings Speach was cut with it. Its not quite adobe final cut pro yet, but it's bloody good.
kaltik - on 06 Jul 2012
In reply to shingsowa: Just noticed rotax123 post....good effort lol
rallymania - on 06 Jul 2012
In reply to kaltik and rotax123:

have either of you actually used it?

kaltik - on 06 Jul 2012
In reply to rallymania: I have got lightworks. I use it to edit skate films...I skated for about 15 years. I run it on linux but. It will take time to learn how to use it properly but it will become an obsession! I would say it's on par with adobe and can actually do things adobe can't. Everytime you need a new application for it, you just download it. Adobe will cost you a fortune to buy it. Don't get windows movie maker..it will annoy you because it's so basic. When you master it you will want more out it that it can't give. Download lightworks, you won't regret it...and maybe if you get hooked, buy a high end gaming laptop and use it only for editing.
ads.ukclimbing.com
blurty - on 06 Jul 2012
In reply to shingsowa:

I use Sony Power Director 8. It's very similar to Windows Moviemaker but has more bells & whistles.

Very easy to use and works well with Youtube/ Vimeo etc.

I think you can download a trial version

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.