/ Rainbow slab access

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
prw - on 06 Jul 2012
Was recently scrambling around the quarries (well surprise - it was too wet to climb!) when after passing beyond Twll mawr I thought we would be able to make our way down to the Willow plain which I think is on the same level that leads to Rainbow Slab.
However, on the descent down to the plain I noticed in the distance that there is a fence which appeared to block of access from this side. We therefore didn't scramble down to the plain not wanting to go all the way down and find the access blocked.

I know you can access Rainbow Slab from the other side by taking the path down opposite from Dali's hole, but am I correct that the access is blocked off from the other side ?
ian Ll-J - on 06 Jul 2012
In reply to prw: You're right, there is a power station security fence which blocks the way and at all costs shouldn't be climbed......but you can still access the Rainbow Slab one level up (Rainbow Walls Cig Arete Level) from the fence and then drop back down another level by a winding house near to The Untouchables.
mr mills - on 06 Jul 2012
In reply to ian Ll-J:

Is that the fence with the gate which is always open ?
adam06 - on 07 Jul 2012
gates always been open when i have been down.. makes more sense to go the other way to rainbow though
ian Ll-J - on 08 Jul 2012
In reply to mr mills: gate was chained and locked with 2 Padlocks yesterday
ads.ukclimbing.com
mr mills - on 08 Jul 2012
In reply to ian Ll-J:

Is that level banned then ?

I know the whole quarry is legally `banned` but, some clarity would be useful as to where climbers should keep away from, obviously `Dahli`s Hole` and the lower part of the quarry !

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.