/ Alt-Berg

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Mundane Amazement - on 17 Jul 2012
Hello all,

Does anyone else use Alt-Berg boots? I have a pair of 'Warrior2' by them and was wondering if people rate them for hill and mountaineering?

Regards
AdCo82 on 17 Jul 2012
In reply to Mundane Amazement:

I had a pair as a work boot in an old job. Great for work but do not rate them as a hillwalking / mountaineering boot!

Far better out there!
Guy Hurst - on 17 Jul 2012
In reply to Mundane Amazement: They do a huge range of military, work, motor biking and walking/mountaineering boots and a lot are really good if you like the traditional look and feel. AKAIK most or all of their boots come in five different width fittings, so you should always be able to get one that fits.
From the military sound of it the Warrior 2 should be ok for hill walking, but maybe not the best for that use from the Altberg range. Check their website and see what they say.
Mooncat - on 17 Jul 2012
In reply to Mundane Amazement:

A mate of mine uses Altberg motorbike boots, he thinks they're the dogs.
Pursued by a bear - on 17 Jul 2012
In reply to Mooncat: Doesn't the dog mind?

T.
Mooncat - on 17 Jul 2012
In reply to Pursued by a bear:

Not at all, they have an arrangement.
Woodman - on 17 Jul 2012
In reply to Mundane Amazement: Been wearing Altbergs for work for about 11 years - I'm now onto my third pair! I wear them because, for me, they fit perfectly. I've had two pairs of 'Afrika Treck' (no longer produced) and currently have a pair of 'North Fell Microlites' and have used both models for walking in the Lakes' without any issues. Not tried their heavier boots yet, though I've no reason to suspect they wouldn't be up to the job.

Hope this helps.

gear boy - on 18 Jul 2012
In reply to Mundane Amazement: good boots if they fit, obviously they do widths, but they still have to fit, 3 models to look at depending on use, crampon B1 ish Mallerstang, Tethera solid hill boot like the classic Meindl burma/borneo or rambling with the fremington

only go to a recommended store on their list for walking boots
ads.ukclimbing.com
nocker - on 18 Jul 2012
In reply to Mundane Amazement: A bit off tangent but possibly relevant, I have a quality pair of semi rigid scrambling boots that I had worn the soles off. Altberg in Richmond did a brilliant and reasonably priced resoling for me and it was worth it just to experience "old fashioned" customer service and to have the actual cobbler explain his work and unnecessarily apologise for not being able to remove the scuffing on the rand that I had put there.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.