Photography forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Camera reommendation / TG1 review

mmmhumous on 18 Jul 2012
Im looking for a camera which fits easily in the pocket, and is suitable for:

-Taking action shots i.e. folk climbing/falling off
-Landscape shots
-Photos in the dark.
-HD video
-Use without a tripod

I currently using a 3.2 MP Phone camera:

For photos of subjects which 2-5 metres away, it meets my needs.
For subjects further away, a zoom would be nice
For Landscape shots, the fine detail is rather lacking. I tend to stitch 4-5 shots together, which look fine on Facebook etc, but not when blown up.
In low light/darkness its terrible, images are very grainy indeed, with very poor saturation.

The main thing Im after is compactness and ease of use. So it needs to easily fit in my pocket, and be ready to shoot as soon as I pull it out. So Im guessing that means I need either a compact with a decent lens, or a system camera which has an integrated flash and slim line standard lens ?

Is that right?

Does anything else meet my requirements?

Ive been looking at the Olympus TG-1 which seems to meet my needs, as its pretty small, and you can strap on a fish-eye and a telephoto lens.

Im not sure I actually need the waterproof/shockproof/Bear Grills proof/GPS features it comes with, but theyre all nice to haves.

Is there anything else I should be considering (my budget is <350 for the camera, flash and a basic zoom lens?

Does anyone have a TG-1?
... not showing 11 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums