Running forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - how do i encourage my 16yr old jogging partner?

fosnchops - on 28 Jul 2012
I'd like, if possible some suggestions to improve my methods of encouragement to my running partner. I'm 28 and she is 16 and as lovely as she is, I think she suffers from the teenage, slightly apethetic attitude when it comes to pushing herself beyond her comfort zone. The jogging was her idea and she always shows up in the mornings so I know she does want to do it. I currently have us jogging intervals, trying to improve our fitness, with the final goal of jogging a constant 5k. Problem is she always slows to the walking part of the interval much sooner than I like and as her partner I feel obliged to slow down too. So of course I'm not making any improvement myself either. I've tried slowing the pace of the interval but it doesn't seem to make any difference. I've tried setting us goals along our route, eg. Let's try and make it to that stile, gate or tree. Does anyone have any tips? I'm not a personal trainer nor do I have much to do do with teenagers on a daily basis. Infact it was a bit of a "oh my god I'm getting old" moment when I realised I was out of touch with teenage "stuff" when she sent me a text message in a code I couldn't make head nor tail of! Anyway, any ideas please?
... not showing 31 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums