/ Bow Fiddle Rock, Portknockie.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
iainpowell - on 29 Jul 2012
Hello.

Does anyone know anything about Bow Fiddle Rock at Portknockie? Are there climbs up any of it? I saw a picture in a wild swimming book and have searched on UKC and Google but found no information about climbing on it.

Thanks for any help.

Iain.
Andy Moles - on 30 Jul 2012
In reply to iainpowell:

No climbs listed in a guidebook. It looks like the slabby side would be quite easy, and the underside near impossible. It's also quite birdy, as is that whole stretch of coast.
dek - on 30 Jul 2012
In reply to iainpowell:
It featured last night on BBC 2 Scotland's Adventure show, in the sea canoe segment. Might be available on I player? Looks quite slabby, and covered in bird droppings on the sea facing side, not too promising.
Joe G - on 30 Jul 2012
In reply to iainpowell:
May well be worth exploring, I've thought about having a clamber about on it but never have. Kayaked through it a few times, but for climbing it might be best in Spring before the birds have nested, and after the winter storms have cleaned the old nests away...
iainpowell - on 30 Jul 2012
Thanks for the replys. I went out for a swim around there today. The slabby side does look easy and the overhang looks very hard and scary! I dont think the climbing on it will be brilliant but might be worth a play on for the excitement and situation.
ads.ukclimbing.com
Roberttaylor - on 30 Jul 2012
In reply to iainpowell: There is always the bouldering in the caves and Logie head.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.