/ Where to take 5yr old climbing 1st time Fort William/Glencoe?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Phil West - on 04 Aug 2012
I want to take my 5yr old daughter climbing for the first time on holiday and I'm looking for an easy-angled slab with a mod or diff on it that I can set up a rope on in the Fort William/Glencoe area. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I might find such a place? I was thinking Polldubh or further into Glen Nevis might have some options but I'm not that familiar with the place so would appreciate any help you could offer.

Cheers,

Phil
Murko Fuzz - on 04 Aug 2012
In reply to Phil West:

For a more open and airy spot and so probably a little less midgy: theres a sort of a wide crevasse feature on the top of Scimitar Buttress which might be a bit squelchy underfoot, but you cab climb the slabbby walls anywhere at that sort of grade. It's easy enough to get to and nice views too.
Mark Bull - on 04 Aug 2012
In reply to Murko Fuzz:

That sound like a useful spot: I've never been there!

Other options would be Upper Pinnacle Crag at Polldubh, and Onich Slabs
( http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=9599 ) but you could find either groups under instruction or clouds of midges in situ at either!
ads.ukclimbing.com
Murko Fuzz - on 04 Aug 2012
In reply to Mark Bull:

Outward Bound Lochiel used to (and prob still do from time to time) go to that spot, a wee easy scramble can be incorporated into the journey to the top.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.