/ France climbing areas?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Megan01 - on 05 Aug 2012
Im heading out to the south of France for a couple of months from September with out transport or a partner. Im wondering which would be the best places to go to find partners? Any info would be great! Thanks.
dave657 on 05 Aug 2012
In reply to Megan01:

Ceuse. Campsite within walking distance. Can hitch to Gap to go food shopping. Easy to find climbing partners there. It'll be hot though, but ok if you climb early/late in the shade.
sirreal - on 06 Aug 2012
In reply to Megan01: Ceuse is your best bet I agree. I'll be there in September with some friends if you want someone to climb with. You should be able to arrange trips from there to other destinations too. I've tried just turning up at Buoux a few times and found the crag and camping almost deserted - bit of a backwater these days. Verdon might be better but transport would be an issue.
Heddwyn - on 06 Aug 2012
In reply to Megan01: How hard will you be looking to climb? I'm considering a similar trip in september, wanting to focus on mutli-pitch. Verdon seems an obvious choice, but there seems to be loads of similar stuff around grenoble also (eg presles). Also not sure how much kit i'd have mind you.
Megan01 - on 07 Aug 2012
In reply to sirreal: Okay thanks. I wont be there till towards the end of Sep but if your still about i may be looking for a partner!
Megan01 - on 07 Aug 2012
In reply to Heddwyn: Im looking to climb around 6c/7a some 7b's hopefully. Im also looking to do mostly single pitch but i will have all the gear for sport.
ads.ukclimbing.com
Scott_vzr on 07 Aug 2012
I would go to Verdon, easy to hitch and quite busy in September as it's cooler than summer.

There is only two campsites, Municipal and Jean Paul's (nice open barn and fire to use.

You are bound to meet other climbers - swedes, germans - and native english speakers.

Have fun !

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.