Biking forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Possibly the finest bike ride in Britain

Tim Chappell - on 13 Aug 2012
Drumbeg--Lochinver--Inverkirkaig--junction with the Achiltibuie road--Drumrunie--Elphin--Inchnadamph--Kylesku road as far as the Drumbeg junction--return to starting point.

I did this today because the weather didn't look that great for climbing Cul Mor or Beinn Mor Coigach, my original plan, and it was superlative.

The map suggests it's 66 miles or thereabouts. It took me 8 hours. Do it yourself and you'll see why. From the Drumbeg turn off the A894 to Lochinver is 23 miles; from Lochinver to the Achiltibue/ Drumrunie junction is another 10. In those 33 miles you will change gear more times than a Cambridgeshire cyclist changes gear in a year.

In any case, what's the hurry? The panini man is at work on Lochinver front, there's excellent chocolate cake at the Elphin tea rooms, and there's always the 3-mile side-trip to Achmelvich beach (which I took).

Assynt = paradise :-)
... not showing 21 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums