/ Best Wye Valley crag today?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hooo - on 18 Aug 2012
On my way to the Wye Valley right now. Bearing in mind that it rained last night, which is the best crag to head for?
Ta
Rick Sewards - on 18 Aug 2012
In reply to Hooo:

I'd probably start with the Left-Hand Crag at Wynd Cliff - if we get any sun this morning that will get it, and it's very fast drying anyway (at least the RH side around Sinew is). Everything looks wet outside my window (in Chepstow) at the moment - not raining, but low cloud, but forecast is better for this afternoon. North Wall on Wintours (apart from the bottom tier) will probably be next fastest, but I think most of Wintours and Shorn Cliff should dry this afternoon.

Rick
Hooo - on 18 Aug 2012
In reply to Rick Sewards:
Thanks for that. We only have one 50 and one 40m rope, so I don't think Wyndcliffe left hand would be a great idea. I'll head to North Wall and give Joe's route a go. I seem to recall that you can't top out anywhere on north wall now, is that right?
John Willson - on 18 Aug 2012
In reply to Hooo: Not sure whether Joe's Route is a good choice. It often sports a stubborn drainage streak on pitch 2, despite getting the sun, and the start will be very mucky.

Correct: no topping out on North Wall, though you can still climb to the top of several routes and ab back (but NOT Left Hand Route). There are various notices posted that tell you which ones you can.
ads.ukclimbing.com
Hooo - on 18 Aug 2012
In reply to John Willson:
Yeah, you're right. The bottom was far too wet to attempt it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.