/ Biscuit Factory Beers...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
The Iain - on 22 Aug 2012
Looking at going to the biscuit factory over the weekend, and wondered if anyone had any recommendations on where to go for post-boulder-beers?
jordan407 on 22 Aug 2012 - host86-129-194-69.range86-129.btcentralplus.com
In reply to The Iain:

http://www.pubs.com/main_site/pub_details.php?pub_id=23

is the nicest pub close by, or on the way back towards The Arch:

http://www.thekingsarmsse1.com/

There are a couple of pubs far closer to the Bisc, they're ok bit 'yokelly, for want of a better expression
alex_nrth - on 22 Aug 2012
In reply to The Iain: I was there last night and ended up just getting the train to London Bridge as there is just more going on there, the locals don't look to friendly near biscuit!
Bjartur i Sumarhus on 22 Aug 2012
In reply to The Iain: If you can get on the north side of the Thames in Wapping there are some great boozers on the river. Don't know the southside very well.
MJH - on 22 Aug 2012
In reply to The Iain: Go back to London Bridge and you have lots of nice choices eg Market Porter, Wheatsheaf, Southwark Tavern etc.

Personally I prefer the Market Porter for the beer selection.
The Iain - on 22 Aug 2012
In reply to The Iain:

Thanks all - in that case we'll probably head back L'bridge way and maybe head to The Hide on Bermondsey street. Good whisky selection... messy!
fred_stone - on 23 Aug 2012
In reply to The Iain: there's actually a bar inside the biscuit factory complex called the Vibe Bar- if you head round to the Bridge Cafe in the back yard, the second door along and downstairs. It won't be to everyone's taste, as it's a bit arty & doesn't really have a wide selection of beer, but it's nice enough, super close & not too expensive.

If we find a good pub around, we'll let everyone know! :-)
thedatastream on 23 Aug 2012
In reply to MJH:
> (In reply to The Iain) Go back to London Bridge and you have lots of nice choices eg Market Porter, Wheatsheaf, Southwark Tavern etc.

Don't forget The Rake :)
Slarti B on 23 Aug 2012
In reply to MJH:
> (In reply to The Iain) Go back to London Bridge and you have lots of nice choices eg Market Porter, Wheatsheaf, Southwark Tavern etc.
>
and if you like history, the George Inn

BoulderBus - on 23 Aug 2012
In reply to fred_stone:

is it mostly lager in there?
ads.ukclimbing.com
fred_stone - on 24 Aug 2012
In reply to BoulderBus: i think probably only lager, unless it's changed recently...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.