/ sports insurance

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
leehawkins - on 22 Aug 2012
hi, looking for some decent sports insurance that will cover rock climbing and reasonable price ?

lee
leehawkins - on 22 Aug 2012
?In reply to leehawkins: doesnt anyone have any
ck85 - on 23 Aug 2012
In reply to leehawkins:
Try Columbus, they seem quite cheap but I've never had to claim for anything so can't comment on service.
tistimetogo on 23 Aug 2012
tistimetogo on 23 Aug 2012
In reply to leehawkins: The AAC must be the cheapest for Alpine trips. Haven't heard of any problems with claims either.
AlisonSmiles - on 23 Aug 2012
In reply to leehawkins:

Just used Snowcard for insurance for a year of "extreme adventure" (their phrase). Looked at BMC too.
Mr_Yeti - on 23 Aug 2012
In reply to leehawkins:

Lee - BMC would be my first port of call. Thier scheme is dirt cheap for the rather good cover they offer.

Others might be Sportscover (try googling them)

I'd pay a bit more, chances are that the cheappy cheappy insurances are just that, writen out of lloyds and have some rather odd exclusions which you only find out about when you need the cover.
Al Randall on 23 Aug 2012
In reply to leehawkins: If you went BMC you would have to factor in membership fees as well. I had annual BMC cover for Alpine snow and rock for many years but the underwriter halved the cover and doubled the premium a few years ago. I exaggerate but not a lot. I now just use AAC. Annual fees are less than single trip fees with the BMC. The cover is not as good but seems adequate and includes 50% discount in alpine huts. It does not however include travel insurance, it's medical, rescue and repatriation only.

Al

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.