/ Country-wide Holidays

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Pyreneenemec - on 28 Sep 2012
Just thought that I would ressurect this thread from last year ( new people around.......well, one lives in hope ! ).

Sadly, the Country-wide Holidays Association ( C.H.A ) is no more. It holds a very special place in my heart, as it is where I met my partner of 30 years ! I was a walks-leader (known as 'the secretary then) and my partner was on the house-staff.

Have any other UK Climbing members been involved with the C.H.A or perhaps some of you have been as guests ? You never know, someone might have had me as a leader ! Just to help you, I was Andy, very keen on late-night chess games, especially with young Danish ladies !
Ron Davison - on 30 Sep 2012
In reply to Pyreneenemec: I was introduced to the CHA by my parents in the early sixties and in the late sixties and early seventies had many enjoyable holidays at their Grasmere, Borrowdale and Onich centres. Unfortunately, they didn't move with the times and by the end of the seventies were becoming a bit outdated. Their rival, the Holiday Fellowship, fared better and are still in existence. Still, they introduced me to the mountain world and I have many happy memories of good holidays with them.
Pyreneenemec - on 04 Oct 2012
In reply to Ron Davison:

After the demise of C.H.A. I led for H.F off and on until the mid 90's.
All very tame, but you met some very interesting people, a few of whom I'm still in touch with.

I loved the C.H.A at Onich, their "Ridges and Scrambles" week was the mutts-nuts !
Rip van Winkle - on 05 Oct 2012
In reply to Pyreneenemec:
>I led for H.F off and on until the mid 90's.

Barèges?

Pyreneenemec - on 05 Oct 2012
In reply to Rip van Winkle:
> (In reply to Pyreneenemec)
> >I led for H.F off and on until the mid 90's.
>
> Barèges?

I led a good number of weeks at Barèges ( Hotel Richelieu owned by Paulette Asin ).
rockchomper on 16 Oct 2012
In reply to Pyreneenemec:
had great time with hf at bareges, still talk about going up to look over across to spain and the breche de roland, the observatory, great days indeed.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.