Walls & Training forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - UKC Fit Club 289

Daniel Heath - on 29 Sep 2012
Big thanks to Si_dH and Grubes for picking up the slack the last couple of weeks.
Just as a heads up I think I will continue this until Christmas and then see if anyone else is keen to take over.
UKC Fit Club is not a substitute for the training diary but to use with ( or without ) it as a motivational tool for all.

For those wanting to find out more about training for climbing a number of physical training articles here:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=274502

A new thread is posted each week on Sunday for anyone to jot down their previous week's activity, noting goals, successes and failures and to swap ideas.

Anyone interested in starting is very welcome but you should aim to post each week, every week, however little or much you have done. By making such a regular public record of your activities and by restating your goals every week this new habit will hopefully improve your training habits to help achieve your goals whatever the level of your chosen activity.

Link to last week's (288) thread:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=520900&v=1#x7026880

JimmyKay - It・s good that your new job give you a different perspective. I hope you still continue to enjoy running and climbing, whether or not that comes from improvement.
Biscuit - Sounds great mate but please don・t get injured.
Joughton - Well done getting on LW. I enjoyed read your blog and posts as I・m going for the flash myself. I even asked Tom R for beta at his new climbing wall. It sounds like you・re still fairly solid at E5 (London wall sounds like a big sandbag and easy to screw up, so don・t be harsh on yourself). However I understand you・d like to do more sport and then have an :even; bigger ability margin on trad.
Grubes - Loose weight fatty ;) Keep eating well.
mrchewey - Some good climbing improvement there, good to see.
Sankey - Good mix. Why not get on a hard sport route next time you・re out (6c/7a). You might be surprised what you can do, it doesn・t have to be clean.
NMN - Impressive running week.
Leon - Some mega endurance sessions you・ve been doing! Good work
maria85 - That・s an impressive run, but do rest like you say.
Steve John B - Good week mate.
Si_dH - Great week training. Shame about the eating.
IainRUK - Impressive running and drinking volume
Kevster - Man, sorry to hear the lack of psyche. I hope you manage to do what you enjoy be it running or training or climbing improvements, or even climbing outdoors for fun (!).
Rollo - Great week, if your shoulder held out on Sloth it must be doing ok!
Nomics4Sale - Busy week mate, good stuff
mattrm - I don・t remember ever splitting sessions into :hard; or :mileage; until now when I intend to do more 4 x 4s routes sessions. If I had anything to offer it would be go for lots of 6bs, on lead. Just go for it!
pebbles - Sounds like a good time at the wall. Dwell on your new confidence and build on it when you next push yourself
Richard Popp - One rest day in a week, that・s good going. I・m sure swimming complements climbing well too.
ally smith - That is a busy week, no doubt you benefited from the accumulated training load!
Pork Pie Girl - Nice week pie girl, good luck on the 7b
Eagle River - Sounds like a strong performance indoors
OddToast - Welcome! It・s good you have friends to climb with as you start out. Enjoy the honeymoon phase of a steep improvement curve!
Ian Bell - ahh, shame about the delay. Looking forward to hearing what you have to report from your trip.
Ali - 7a+ nervous is impressive, imagine what you could do with confidence!
Hokkyokusei - Glad to hear you・re not badly hurt.
AJM - What an encouraging couple of weeks. 7c and 7a+ OS is mega. Hope to see some good trad in due course! E4 OS shouldn・t be a LTG in my opinion. I・ve got my first ones this summer and I・ve never Sported above 7b.
... not showing 84 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums